Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #671
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

As far as i can tell there are only two slight weaknesses.
1. The hair at the top/front gives the impression she is thinning.
2. Apparently the piece does not weigh much. Some collectors like some weight to their pieces, as it adds a sense of quality.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #672
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
As far as i can tell there are only two slight weaknesses.
1. The hair at the top/front gives the impression she is thinning.
2. Apparently the piece does not weigh much. Some collectors like some weight to their pieces, as it adds a sense of quality.
I think I will trust the words of people who actually own the piece over armchair commentators. No offense, but when the owner of the piece says the hair issue is not an issue - who are we to say otherwise?

Secondly, that opinion about weight was a statement on the Batman Statue Collector YouTube channel. And, I think its a ridiculous statement. What should a statue weigh? And how often is that a factor in the ownership of a statue? What's the guy doing? Bench pressing the piece?

I mean, sure, if you want to slip a disk moving a statue around arbitrarily, then go buy a solid bronze piece and have at it. However considering the design function of this statue is to be on display and not constantly handled, the "weight issue" is a nonsense.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #673
deadpoolredsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think I will trust the words of people who actually own the piece over armchair commentators. No offense, but when the owner of the piece says the hair issue is not an issue - who are we to say otherwise?

Secondly, that opinion about weight was a statement on the Batman Statue Collector YouTube channel. And, I think its a ridiculous statement. What should a statue weigh? And how often is that a factor in the ownership of a statue? What's the guy doing? Bench pressing the piece?

I mean, sure, if you want to slip a disk moving a statue around arbitrarily, then go buy a solid bronze piece and have at it. However considering the design function of this statue is to be on display and not constantly handled, the "weight issue" is a nonsense.
Fact is, i prefer heavy over light.
If Harley turns out light, then so be it.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #674
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The only thing I care about in weight is that statue is properly balanced. The base should have hefty to avoid any kind of tip over.

I think Polystone is over rated. I basically see the stone powder as cheap filler material the reduces the use of the costly urethane resin. It also seems to chip easier. I am not sure if it improves any properties such has holding details better.

If the WW84 torso was heavier, it would have put more stress on the magnetic connections of the legs that look not entirely sturdy as is. The weak spot of the statue looks to be crotch area as we saw in that one video as that spot is thin and fragile. Not sure if JND could have done things differently given the outfit design.

I’d like to hear from those that have her if the leg sockets are secure and a form fit (no slop) as it is hard to tell in the videos as people seem to struggle some fitting the legs.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:21 AM   #675
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The only thing I care about in weight is that statue is properly balanced. The base should have hefty to avoid any kind of tip over.

I think Polystone is over rated. I basically see the stone powder as cheap filler material the reduces the use of the costly urethane resin. It also seems to chip easier. I am not sure if it improves any properties such has holding details better.

If the WW84 torso was heavier, it would have put more stress on the magnetic connections of the legs that look not entirely sturdy as is. The weak spot of the statue looks to be crotch area as we saw in that one video as that spot is thin and fragile. Not sure if JND could have done things differently given the outfit design.

I’d like to hear from those that have her if the leg sockets are secure and a form fit (no slop) as it is hard to tell in the videos as people seem to struggle some fitting the legs.
I wouldn’t say it’s a completely firm fit as the legs once attached can have some minimal movement but not dangling around enough to think they would fall off… I think it’s a decent balance between fitting firmly enough with some space for movement….

I must admit when attaching each leg you can see how the small part in the crotch area, does look quite fragile and I can see how if legs not placed with care, this could impact on this small part…. Not sure I wanna be taking the legs on and off often lol

The base is a decent weight at 5kg and the figure itself is not heavy and I feel just the right balance with the base.
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #676
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Ever since owning JND's Arthur Fleck, it is almost a relief to hear that the weight went down significantly. It is a hell to lift arthur's base up because of how much it weighs. JND heard people's complaints about how heavy the base was and decided to change and go with a different material I believe
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #677
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I mean as long as it doesn't fall over. I prefer the arbitrary weight limit of what I can move by myself. It's not always easy to find someone to help move an expensive statue who actually cares enough to be careful and safely move it, hahaha.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #678
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Weight is all relative. XM fanboys think Sideshow pieces are too light, therefore cheap because of it. But, to me a 12-15lb statue is heavy enough. I don't need a 60lb statue to feel I got my monies worth. Now, on the other hand if this piece is 1lb, then I'd probably have an issue
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #679
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Weight is all relative. XM fanboys think Sideshow pieces are too light, therefore cheap because of it. But, to me a 12-15lb statue is heavy enough. I don't need a 60lb statue to feel I got my monies worth. Now, on the other hand if this piece is 1lb, then I'd probably have an issue
Don't forget the oversized bases that add to that weight.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:57 PM   #680
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

OK, so I succumbed to the lure of this big, unopened box and thought I'd just have a look. You know... check for damage and stuff like that. And... wow.
I've watched every video, seen every picture, read every review but there's nothing at all that can capture what this masterpiece feels and looks like in real life. She is just amazing - no hairline issues and the legs went on perfectly and there's zero wobble. Though I didn't get the base out, I think the weight is spot on. She feels like a premium product designed and manufactured with love and care. Seriously re-thinking my decision to sell her...
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote