Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #241
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I think I can speak for the majority of us here by saying, "We would GREATLY appreciate you covering Power-Con for us on your YouTube Channel Nearmint!"
Indeed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #242
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Anyway, are Power Con and Wonder two separate conventions?
Yes. Power-Con is devoted to He-Man and She-Ra, and takes place in the ballroom of a hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center.

WonderCon is basically SDCC light, covering all things pop culture, and occupies most, if not all, of the Anaheim Convention Center. It's a pretty big show.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #243
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have never been to SDCC but always wanted to go back to Wonder Con. I thought it was suppose to move back to San Francisco and was only going to be in Anaheim for a year or two but that did not happen.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #244
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Well, that was a bit of a let down.

Glad I'm patient.
I'm glad for the transparency of "statues are done, but cargo containers are not available to ship, hence delay" explaining it rather than just delaying with no explanation.

The world and shipping went through a shock last year, and now a shock getting back this year. Now watch early 2022 half my preorders show up in two months.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #245
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm glad for the transparency of "statues are done, but cargo containers are not available to ship, hence delay" explaining it rather than just delaying with no explanation.

The world and shipping went through a shock last year, and now a shock getting back this year. Now watch early 2022 half my preorders show up in two months.
Yeah, I've been trying to mitigate that by having some PO paid in full up front, some pay in full when released, and several on payment plans. Should prevent me with having too many needing to charge all at once.

It's crazy out there.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #246
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

That's basically what happened with Gentle Giant it seems. I saw some die-hard SW collectors complaining that something like 5 or 7 pieces showed up all within the same couple of weeks of each other. These are probably getting put into one container and shipped out when one finally is available, so the spread out release dates no longer apply.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:48 PM   #247
pdenham
Teen Titans

Would have appreciated at least a little more clarity as far as what is still sitting in a Chinese factory waiting for a container, what is still en route or waiting to get unloaded, and what has been unloaded and is sitting in a stack of containers waiting for customs/processing release.

I'm not blaming TH for the delay. I get that despite their best efforts, there are things that are ultimately out of their hands.

But I travel extended periods for work, so I need to arrange well in advance if I suspect something is likely to show up when I'm gone for weeks on end.

The original June due date for Ivy was going to be perfect for me.
Mid September thru October is just the opposite- and I'm getting the feeling that's where the delivery range of that piece is looking to fall.

I guess what I'd like to hear is- Statue X is not likely to ship before ____, and Statue Y is not likely to ship any earlier than _____- or at least something like that.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #248
Bottled_Water
Birdman

So, any speculation as to what we'll see in tomorrow's newsletter? I'm hoping for a painted Wonder Woman reveal and maybe something from Harley Quinn/Batman.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #249
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
So, any speculation as to what we'll see in tomorrow's newsletter? I'm hoping for a painted Wonder Woman reveal and maybe something from Harley Quinn/Batman.
Trapjaw!
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:04 PM   #250
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Trapjaw!
Maybe. Will they show tomorrow or wait until Power Con...?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote