Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #451
qz33
Doctor Doom

^Yeah apparently so. Queen has mentioned they will be partnering more with ECC and a possible U.S. distributorship as well.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #452
fox
Doh!

I contacted Queen Studios because I haven't heard from them about an update on the Alita bust for months now. I asked for an estimated shipping date.

I have been told by the customer service that the international shipping costs to Europe is about $521.

I also have been told and read on the website:

Quote:
It is your responsibility to investigate the amount of taxes and duties you will owe prior to your shipment. Queen Studios uses the harmonized code that we have been told is appropriate for our products into your region. Your customs office has the power to change this code on their own. If you feel that your final code / tax is not correct, then you can contact the carrier and/or your customs office directly to request a review.
Normaly when I receive an international package the custom fees will be calculated and I have to pay them at customs...maybe that is what they mean.

Quote:
If a package is refused due to excessive import fees and duties, you will be responsible for any return shipping fees that the carrier will charge Queen Studios to return the package.
That's sounds scary... has this happened to anyone?
Can they send the package back without you having the chance to pay the custom fees?

Does anyone know if $521 for shipping is a normal price (economy)?
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:59 PM   #453
qz33
Doctor Doom

Queen means if YOU refuse a package due to excessive fees and duties.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:41 PM   #454
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

$521 seems a bit high, but international shipping is crazy right now. I would try to find a dealer closer, or contact Cinemaquette and see what they would ship you one for.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:24 AM   #455
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

That's a lot of money for shipping but it is a big box, and rates are silly now

Bear in mind you'll also have customs fees which could be a few hundred, queen is telling you to investigate how much that will be as they are not responsible for those charges

You will be contacted by the delivery company to pay that, as usual
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:53 AM   #456
fox
Doh!

Any idea when the shipping rates will lower again and what would be a "normal" price?
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #457
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
Any idea when the shipping rates will lower again and what would be a "normal" price?
I heard these issues (ports/shipping/supply chains/ etc) that are partly impacting costs, will continue through next year at least. There are also oil disruptions (Hurricane Ida contributing to that) that are going to keep fuel prices higher in that span as well.

We'll see, I guess.

When you contacted them about Alita, did they mention when batches of the regular versions would start shipping out?
Are you getting a reg or deluxe?

I was originally told (earlier this year) that it would be Q3, and probably late Q3/into Q4.
That was before all the constrictions and disruptions.

Going by the slow roll we're seeing for Wonder Woman, combined with this container and port issues, I won't be at all surprised if it's another year at least.

As with any of this stuff, I would be much happier to wait and have the piece produced well and properly QC'd, rather than getting something quicker that is lacking in the proper fit and finish.

The only thing worse than that would be to wait forever, and then still recieve a p*ss-poor effort.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #458
MPCanes
The X-Men

FWIW I ordered the deluxe through Queen direct (I'm in the US) and haven't gotten shipment/final payment notification yet.
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #459
Augen
Metal Men

I'm anticipating Q1 of 2022...maybe.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #460
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The shipping costs may dissipate somewhat from what they are now but everything is just going up in price in general, be prepared for high costs for some time
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote