Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #221
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

If it is junk, why not getting the junk free?

More than money we invest love in this hobby, it becomes a part of ourselves.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #222
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

I'll only chime in cause my wife and I talked about my statues earlier this week. If I pass, she said she would have no idea what to do with them and will either sell them or give them away. For her, like Sputnik's husband, the collection doesn't represent them. There are probably things that they both share that have deeper meanings.

Also, my wife doesn't share the same passion, so the collection/hobby took more time that we could have had together. Maybe that's his reason. Either way, by allowing her to enjoy this hobby without fail, meant he really loved her but not the collection. Rest in peace.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #223
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Why is he putting the responsibility onto you though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Cause there's no way in hell he could do it.
He knows nothing about this stuff let alone how to pack it up.
He calls it 'junk'.

Rant over.

It saddens me to hear all this!
If in fact he is too depressed to see her collection, at least he should help out. I am sure its extremely hard on you to do this and with being rushed so much everything will be selling or sold for a fraction of the cost its worth.

I was hoping to see the Nightmare statues saved since she loved these. Good thing you are saving them.

If your putting them in storage make sure the storage is heated so mold etc will not accumulate.

What Ebay ID will be using? I may want to participate in acquiring the very little IM she had to help you out.
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #224
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #225
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

that does come off as being insensitive. would he care if you sold her stuff dirt cheap or does he actually know the value of her collection? if it's the first then it's just a coping mechanism, if it's the latter, then it's the money. either way, you both lost a great person but what your doing is very admirable. best of luck.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #226
cblakey1
Cyclops

Before going to eBaY you should list them here. Not only is eBaY/PayPal going to kill you in fees but you definitely won't get a anywhere near the value of them on the 'BaY. Plus, the headaches associated with some of the jerk-ass buyers there.

I hate to hear that her husband doesn't want to get involved and that it's all about the money. He's in mourning and all, but I sure hope you don't let him use you for your hard work.

RIP Sputnik.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #227
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

RIP Sputnik!
I will honor you by having something of your collection, that way I can remember you for always.
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #228
Primal
Batman

I wouldve thought that he'd at least help out in the packing but you know him better than I do obviously. Be strong Fremen.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #229
SimmonM
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow. I'm reading this and just discovered her passing. My deepest sympathies to you and your family Fremen.
SimmonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #230
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm pretty angry about her passing and probably oversensitive about some stuff.

Death does funny things to people and I'm going to make sure we keep the peace and not fight over this kind of stuff. I just needed to post my feelings somewhere so I can go over there tomorrow and pack without caring this around.

I guess it's a good point that he probably doesn't relate to any of her stuff to her or his memory of her. The hard part is, her daughter and I do and it's really hard for us, especially her daughter to see everything of her mother go.

He knows nothing of the value but wants to get what she paid for for them. I think once we reach that point, he'll be happy to sell them for a little less as long as they sell.

I'm sure I will post stuff on this site when the time comes. I think it's awesome some of you guys want a piece of her collection to remember her by. I know she would want you guys to get first dibs
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote