Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #101
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I suppose I could give it a try sometime and make an evening out of it. I've heard the theatres are awesome.
awesome food there also and excellent popcorn
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #102
adee
Green Arrow

I like watching from home.

I liked it way more than the first but less than Guardians.

7/10 for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:21 AM   #103
Gamblinit4Life
Doh!

I'd give the film an 7/10
Overall I thought it was solid.
Nice to see Starro appear in a Major Motion picture.
Gamblinit4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:19 PM   #104
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah it felt like Suicide Squad got sprinkled with GOTG dust... I loved it... I'd give it 8/10, WAY better than the first Suicide Squad...

Gunn was able to make you get semi attached to the characters something other DC movies have lacked big time and something Marvel has mastered with their first 20+ movies... Marvel's new stuff? not so sure, I have a feeling Marvel is going to crash and burn with a few exceptions with this next phase of movies they're going to release, It just feels like Marvel is caving into the pressure of Political Correctness and that's going to take priority over good story telling.... Hope I'm wrong...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #105
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah it felt like Suicide Squad got sprinkled with GOTG dust... I loved it... I'd give it 8/10, WAY better than the first Suicide Squad...

Gunn was able to make you get semi attached to the characters something other DC movies have lacked big time and something Marvel has mastered with their first 20+ movies... Marvel's new stuff? not so sure, I have a feeling Marvel is going to crash and burn with a few exceptions with this next phase of movies they're going to release, It just feels like Marvel is caving into the pressure of Political Correctness and that's going to take priority over good story telling.... Hope I'm wrong...
The MCU movies have been politically correct since phase one. Nothing new with phase four.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
The MCU movies have been politically correct since phase one. Nothing new with phase four.
That's what I was thinking. How was the MCU ever not politically correct?

I often think people are confusing Captain Marvel's ego with politically correct. No, she's not PC, she just annoying and overpowered. Nothing to do with PC, just poor writing BUT perhaps this is all part of the master plan to introduce Rogue who takes her down a peg or five.

FTR, as a comic reader I can't stand her character. But I know A LOT of non-comic reader women who love her and they are just casual fans. So she holds a lot of appeal to younger women - which is just what Disney wanted. Remember, we are the 3%
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #107
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Most of PC people are retardeds. I'm glad they don't have any saying over art films. For example/ Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, it has 3 rape scenes... Yeah, they use rape for art, not just 1 or 2 but 3 scenes. If PC people had any saying over the film, it wouldn't happen. I believe even today Kubrick wouldn't make one of Droogs girl or black because Alex and The Droogs are sexist and racist, pure animals, on your face. Not PC villain, no matter how evil they are they respect woman xD or no matter how evil they are, they are not racist, their evil team is like a Benetton Commercial.

I'm glad PC people only have saying over Disney films and Super Hero films or whatever. They are just popcorn flicks so it doesn't matter so no one cares what PC people do with popcorn films, but Art films don't have PC, because PC is not smart enough.

End of Rant as a cinema lover.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #108
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Most of PC people are retardeds. I'm glad they don't have any saying over art films. For example/ Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, it has 3 rape scenes... Yeah, they use rape for art, not just 1 or 2 but 3 scenes. If PC people had any saying over the film, it wouldn't happen. I believe even today Kubrick wouldn't make one of Droogs girl or black because Alex and The Droogs are sexist and racist, pure animals, on your face. Not PC villain, no matter how evil they are they respect woman xD or no matter how evil they are, they are not racist, their evil team is like a Benetton Commercial.

I'm glad PC people only have saying over Disney films and Super Hero films or whatever. They are just popcorn flicks so it doesn't matter so no one cares what PC people do with popcorn films, but Art films don't have PC, because PC is not smart enough.

End of Rant as a cinema lover.
I just re-watched Clockwork, and its a pure masterpiece. It did cause quite the uproar at the time of release though because of its content, Kubrick himself pulled it from distribution in the UK after him and his wife received all sorts of death threats, but ya even if he were around today and was making the movie today for the first time im sure he wouldnt change anything, to him his directorial vision is more important than any other factors that influence movies these days, like being PC and not torturing your actors
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #109
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I just re-watched Clockwork, and its a pure masterpiece. It did cause quite the uproar at the time of release though because of its content, Kubrick himself pulled it from distribution in the UK after him and his wife received all sorts of death threats, but ya even if he were around today and was making the movie today for the first time im sure he wouldnt change anything, to him his directorial vision is more important than any other factors that influence movies these days, like being PC and not torturing your actors
I was going to say the same thing that PC people definitely did have their say when A Clockwork Orange was released because it was banned in the U.K. and Ireland for decades.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #110
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Ah... That's sad and so unfortunate... I'm glad that i live in a time that A Clockwork Orange is not banned anymore at least...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote