Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #441
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
When it comes to other companies they could announce on their own. Sideshow could work with them and hold back some so they'd have a spotlight with a captive audience to feature them.

I'm trying to think how to adjust events to avoid frustration of collectors who tune in and feel consistently let down by what they get.
But if you have to wait an entire year each time before you hear anything new about your specific interest, I think many would walk away. That’s why they do these, to Drumm up excitement wether there is anything to be excited about or not. It’s really easy to see in the comments on their events who works for them. They are excited about how great everything is and it’s meant to rub off on people and turn into sales. I don’t there is a way to make most happy. Most of us want it all and we want it now. If I knew there was nothing new for me for a year I would probably forget about it by the time it happened.
Just my thoughts.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #442
Augen
Metal Men

I think Prime 1 model works. I get far more excited about their showcases than anything Sideshow does. Of course Prime 1 cranks out more statues. So, if I could make an unreasonable change to Sideshow...make more statues to justify having more showcases.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:19 PM   #443
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Of course Prime 1 cranks out more statues.
Do they? I'd love to see a comparison of statues shipped from Sideshow, Prime 1, and XM in each of the last 3 years. I honestly don't know who cranks out the most.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:37 PM   #444
Biggunz
Loki

I just dont like watching their YouTube they try to pump

I'm like....what's the hype about....I see nothing!

Waste of time
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:10 PM   #445
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I just dont like watching their YouTube they try to pump

I'm like....what's the hype about....I see nothing!

Waste of time
Some are there to win stuff, some are there for fun, most are there in hopes of rewards codes (during events). Some of the events actually have a lot of reveals but spook isn’t one. The only time I have watched their YouTube not during an event is trying to get a better look at something to decide if it’s a buy.
Most of the excitement seams fake to me but they are paid to push stuff. Think of it as an infomercial.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:16 PM   #446
xellos49698

Yeah, it's a lot of fake hype, as long as you ignore the infomercial and stick to your collecting rules, it's worth it to pick up the free dollars.

However, for people that don't have a direction with their collection, I could see them getting carried away, possibly in trouble from too many pre orders or spur of the moment purchases.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:18 PM   #447
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Yeah, it's a lot of fake hype, as long as you ignore the infomercial and stick to your collecting rules, it's worth it to pick up the free dollars.

However, for people that don't have a direction with their collection, I could see them getting carried away, possibly in trouble from too many pre orders or spur of the moment purchases.
Agree. It’s the amount of codes I get that decides if I buy. I know what I like and don’t like. Someone else getting excited about something means nothing to me.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:10 AM   #448
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm crossing my fingers that next year the variant is Storm. If they make 3000+, maybe there is a chance they will paint the suit black with the lightning bolt

Also, doesn't Prime 1 really just SHOW a ton of statues but is slow to get them to customers? If I were betting, I'd think XM has the best records of showing the largest number of statues and getting it to customers. Sideshow just don't create the number of pieces either one of those do right now.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #449
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Do they? I'd love to see a comparison of statues shipped from Sideshow, Prime 1, and XM in each of the last 3 years. I honestly don't know who cranks out the most.
That's fair, I'd really have to document statues announced and then released. P1 biggest issue is it takes 2-4 years to get them in hand. What we just saw recently will have many not in hand until 2024-2025 range. It is annoying, but it does create and push hype.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #450
extracomputer.1

Quote:
That's fair, I'd really have to document statues announced and then released. P1 biggest issue is it takes 2-4 years to get them in hand. What we just saw recently will have many not in hand until 2024-2025 range. It is annoying, but it does create and push hype.
Yikes. I won’t preorder that far out. Seen way to many toy/statue makers go under.