Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-04-2021, 12:11 AM   #451
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Yikes. I won’t preorder that far out. Seen way to many toy/statue makers go under.
Sadly if enough people think that way Prime 1 might just cancel the project, and then no one gets the piece. Unlike the 500-700 dollar statues that Sideshow cranks out, Prime 1 pieces are far more intricate and have a much better paint job, and therefore take longer to produce. The one benefit of the two year lead time is you can pay these 2k statues off at a measly 86-90 dollars a month.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:16 AM   #452
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I never thought about it that way, that is a pretty cheap breakdown for something of that size. Now if they would only make 1/3 marvel
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:21 AM   #453
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
Sadly if enough people think that way Prime 1 might just cancel the project, and then no one gets the piece. Unlike the 500-700 dollar statues that Sideshow cranks out, Prime 1 pieces are far more intricate and have a much better paint job, and therefore take longer to produce. The one benefit of the two year lead time is you can pay these 2k statues off at a measly 86-90 dollars a month.
You also have to understand that when Sideshow shows a piece, at least the last few years that statue is going to ship within 18 months. They no longer seem to show projects until they're in that window due to the large amount of people who cancelled due to projects running over 2 years to get.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:21 AM   #454
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

double post
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:52 AM   #455
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
Sadly if enough people think that way Prime 1 might just cancel the project, and then no one gets the piece.
I'm sure statue companies love this kind of FOMO thinking.

From the outside looking in, it seems like Prime 1 is very well-funded, but who really knows? There has to be a breaking point for any company. I would be far more comfortable pre-ordering from Prime 1 if the lead times were in the 12 month range, as opposed to 24-36. That's just too long of a wait for me, especially if I've given them most or all of the money upfront.

They still haven't been around long enough for me to fully trust that all of this stuff will eventually get made. If they're still producing at this rate 5 + years from now, I might feel differently.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #456
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You also have to understand that when Sideshow shows a piece, at least the last few years that statue is going to ship within 18 months. They no longer seem to show projects until they're in that window due to the large amount of people who cancelled due to projects running over 2 years to get.
I wonder what the metrics look like if showing over 2 years over determines how many folks will cancel. Tho I guess if your the type of collector that has various themes, I can see why you would get distracted by a new showing. Then frustrated that your money still tied up in the project from a few years ago.

But for me, i'm pretty narrow on what I collect now, so if it took 2 years, I'd hang in there. As long as communication was being given out to customers.

I guess i'm surprised seeing so many outraged (especially on here) that they are canceling when we get hit with delays because of COVID/getting product/Shipping problems. Things aren't always magically fixed the way you want so gotta roll with the punches.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:34 PM   #457
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm sure statue companies love this kind of FOMO thinking.

From the outside looking in, it seems like Prime 1 is very well-funded, but who really knows? There has to be a breaking point for any company. I would be far more comfortable pre-ordering from Prime 1 if the lead times were in the 12 month range, as opposed to 24-36. That's just too long of a wait for me, especially if I've given them most or all of the money upfront.

They still haven't been around long enough for me to fully trust that all of this stuff will eventually get made. If they're still producing at this rate 5 + years from now, I might feel differently.
It’s not fear of missing out, I only buy the statues I really want. I just prefer small payments instead of one giant lump sum. If you buy 3-4 Prime 1 pieces that’s ~5-8k. Are you telling me you want to drop 5-8k all at once vs 209-333 a month?
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote