Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #581
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
This thread is gold if you read it from the start.
Heh, i just read all 58 pages
Page 33 is the crossover moment, where Galactus goes from hero to zero. One poster wanted a 4ft piece

Why the Maquette tag?

I'm not into the character. I can see why most prefer the bigger offering.
What makes the latest Galactus piece slightly boring to look at is the mirrored sculpt, which is so easy to achieve these days. For some reason his legs look on the short side. The flames don't look great. Congrats to those that like the piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #582
Mister H
Gen 13

So is this piece going in the Sideshow Deathstroker category now?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #583
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Page 33 is the crossover moment, where Galactus goes from hero to zero. One poster wanted a 4ft piece

Why the Maquette tag?

What makes the latest Galactus piece slightly boring to look at is the mirrored sculpt, which is so easy to achieve these days. For some reason his legs look on the short side. The flames don't look great.
Congrats to those that like the piece.
Thought it was because Maquette = squishy scaling. If that applies to anything, it's Galactus.

I dunno, this one makes sense to me. They already did a 3 foot Galactus, and any bigger isn't really their style. Still a big character since he's not really getting a lift from the base.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #584
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Why the Maquette tag?

What makes the latest Galactus piece slightly boring to look at is the mirrored sculpt, which is so easy to achieve these days. For some reason his legs look on the short side. The flames don't look great. Congrats to those that like the piece.
+1

If I only buy Silver Surfer, then I don’t have to worry about scaling.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #585
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Hold on a minute...Is this “THE” IronLungs ? From back in the day? The one with the custom Deadpool Heisman statue?
Hey sorry SHOGUN didn't mean to ignore you. I just went back saw this post. Yes, this is that IronLungs with the Deadpool Heisman. I still have it and it's 11 years old now. I lost the faux bronze one I had in the divorce, but I have the oiginal color one still in my collection.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #586
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I don't think so.

SSC's Deathstroker PF looked nothing like Deathstroke ...maybe just the mask and color scheme. That sculpt was so far off that there was no redeeming quality about it.

At least with this Galactus MAQ, it is a good representation of Galactus. The size, not so much. But it still can be used with smaller scale statues like 1/6 or 1/10. The complex detailing on his suit could be toned down, but still resembles Galactus' suit.

To me, if this MAQ was 33" - 36", I would've been ok with the detailing on his suit.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #587
Ravager
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Thought it was because Maquette = squishy scaling. If that applies to anything, it's Galactus.

I dunno, this one makes sense to me. They already did a 3 foot Galactus, and any bigger isn't really their style. Still a big character since he's not really getting a lift from the base.
My guess is they didn’t want to release such an expensive piece due to the economy. Maybe they figured people would not want so much stress on their wallets at this time.

Whatever the reason, this would be good for this without much space, want a cheaper Galactus, and/or collect smaller scales.

The OG Galactus maquette (and LSB) are still the ultimate untouchable grails with the towering size, polystone build, light up functionality, switch out faceplate and Nova+Surfer to top it all off.
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #588
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I don't think so.
I see lots of shade being thrown at it and I guess I understand the complaints but if I was in the market for big G then I wouldn't mind having it. I do think the first one is better though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #589
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I see lots of shade being thrown at it and I guess I understand the complaints but if I was in the market for big G then I wouldn't mind having it. I do think the first one is better though.

Yup, I'm of the same mind.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #590
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Not IMO. The Deathstroker PF is in a category all by itself. The Big G MAQ is still a fine sculpt in my book. The scale is really the major issue with it (not for me because I'll be displaying it with my Bowen collection). Deathstroker has every issue imaginable except scale. It's so bad that there are no circumstances in which I would buy it, much less display it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote