Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2021, 08:43 PM   #771
Peedi
The Secret Six

Sigh...sideshow. This was almost perfect. There’s a small white speck on the black hood on the Ex head. I like how the eyes turned out on both though. The Ex eyes might be just a smidge off I’m looking for it, but not enough to bother me.

So unfortunately I’m in the same position as Rxdx. I wish the spot wasn’t on the black part. At least it’s small though. And I’m used to this from $#!+show, my last statue came in perfect, my statue before that was broken and had damaged fabric, the one before that had body chips. Normal $#!+show collectibles. Otherwise than the small white spot, it looks good.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:32 AM   #772
ukshaun
Hercules

Congrats!
Your EX appears to have good eyes.
Your Reg appears to have a lazy eye.

My Harley had the reverse. Apparently i am looking at my EX from the incorrect angle?

I managed to solve the problem by leaving the EX in the box. Out of sight, out of mind
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:58 AM   #773
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Sigh...sideshow. This was almost perfect. There’s a small white speck on the black hood on the Ex head. I like how the eyes turned out on both though. The Ex eyes might be just a smidge off I’m looking for it, but not enough to bother me.

So unfortunately I’m in the same position as Rxdx. I wish the spot wasn’t on the black part. At least it’s small though. And I’m used to this from $#!+show, my last statue came in perfect, my statue before that was broken and had damaged fabric, the one before that had body chips. Normal $#!+show collectibles. Otherwise than the small white spot, it looks good.
Wonky eyes normally bug the ---- out of me; yours look almost perfect... I'd be happy with them. The white dot on the EX, I love these micropens for those kind of things... use them all the time (assuming you don't keep basic paint supplies around).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pens.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	139106  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #774
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Congrats!
Your EX appears to have good eyes.
Your Reg appears to have a lazy eye.

My Harley had the reverse. Apparently i am looking at my EX from the incorrect angle?

I managed to solve the problem by leaving the EX in the box. Out of sight, out of mind
I like this Ex though, lol. I know it doesn’t really match this costume, but all this costume is is a skimpier version of her classic pattern anyway, with accessories on top. The hooded head works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Wonky eyes normally bug the ---- out of me; yours look almost perfect... I'd be happy with them. The white dot on the EX, I love these micropens for those kind of things... use them all the time (assuming you don't keep basic paint supplies around).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah, I’m fine with the eyes.

THANKS for the link! The dot is small enough I don’t want a whole exchange and risk getting a worse head. I think I’m going to put a claim in with sideshow anyway because an obvious white speck like that shouldn’t have gone through anyway. If I’m going to buy anything to fix my statues they should pay towards it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #775
Moviekessler
Doh!

I was a bit nervous to order after seeing the mentions of crooked eyes, but mine arrived this week and I'm relieved that it looks just fine. Very happy with it actually. So far every premium format I've ordered from Sideshow has arrived more or less perfect, though with some of the QC issues it feels a little like playing Russian roulette every time I order one of their statues.

Moviekessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:51 PM   #776
coolbear
Justice League

I've just received mine and I'm impressed with the portrait, it's beautiful!

However, my statue has 2 spots with excess glue and I'm thinking if it's worth asking for a replacement or not.
Is it possible to easily remove that glue? If so, how?

The excess glue on her shorts is not very noticeable because of the shorts color and the shadow from the mallet handle tends covers it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220920_171730.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	526.2 KB
ID:	153945   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_171807.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	720.6 KB
ID:	153946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172016.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	610.7 KB
ID:	153947   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172045.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	153948   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172214.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	540.2 KB
ID:	153949  

Name:	20220920_172301.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	153950   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172309.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	153951   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172439.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	153952   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172515.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	470.3 KB
ID:	153953   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_172550.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	574.0 KB
ID:	153954  

coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:10 AM   #777
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
I've just received mine and I'm impressed with the portrait, it's beautiful!

However, my statue has 2 spots with excess glue and I'm thinking if it's worth asking for a replacement or not.
Is it possible to easily remove that glue? If so, how?

The excess glue on her shorts is not very noticeable because of the shorts color and the shadow from the mallet handle tends covers it.

I’d be asking for a replacement..that’s bad. Was that brand new and completely sealed? Because they have been sending out some “fixed” statues, there is a thread on it.
Maybe you got one they fixed.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:14 AM   #778
morty76
Justice League

Yes, I would ask for a refund or a replacement. I can't believe that Sideshow would send out a statue with so many issues and pretend that it is new.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #779
coolbear
Justice League

I contacted Sideshow and to my surprise they will ship another body and head instead of going for a full replacement.

I'm ok with that but I just hope the body they will send fits well with the base and mallet head from the original one I got. At least the connections are pretty 'basic' (no unusual shape) but well... fingers crossed.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #780
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
I contacted Sideshow and to my surprise they will ship another body and head instead of going for a full replacement.

I'm ok with that but I just hope the body they will send fits well with the base and mallet head from the original one I got. At least the connections are pretty 'basic' (no unusual shape) but well... fingers crossed.
Glad that got sorted out..surprised they didn?t tell you to destroy the one you have first before new one was sent out..

As far as the replacement you should be fine, all parts are almost identical, with a few minor issues here and there. But they are made to fit multiple statues, they are done in batches.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote