Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 10-07-2021, 10:51 PM   #211
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Man, those hands look ginormous on the P1
yeah prime one is base on the in game artwork, while kine. is based on fan artwork. the game characters usually have both larger feet and hands. according to capcom they made it this way for visible hit box, so this way players wont complain what hit them. i mean look at Ryu's feet, it makes clown feet look like normal.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:36 PM   #212
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
yeah prime one is base on the in game artwork, while kine. is based on fan artwork. the game characters usually have both larger feet and hands. according to capcom they made it this way for visible hit box, so this way players wont complain what hit them. i mean look at Ryu's feet, it makes clown feet look like normal.
I understand. But not to my taste. P1 also does not look as Asian to me. Hope production is good. This may be my first and only Chun Li. I have a lot in PO. Will have to wait a bit. Hope it doesn't sell out too quick
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:46 PM   #213
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

The anatomy on the P1 statue can look a little unflattering in general from some angles. SFV really is a hideous game lol. I've always thought Capcom's excuse for it was funny because it isn't at all relevant. Other fighting game devs did not opt to do this and SF is still full of deceptive hitboxes that far extend beyond their limbs.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 12:28 AM   #214
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
I understand. But not to my taste. P1 also does not look as Asian to me. Hope production is good. This may be my first and only Chun Li. I have a lot in PO. Will have to wait a bit. Hope it doesn't sell out too quick
yeah my friend was also telling me this that capcom is making Chun Li look more and more as western or white than Chinese. the worst chun li was from the latest marvel game

Old 10-08-2021, 12:55 AM   #215
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
yeah my friend was also telling me this that capcom is making Chun Li look more and more as western or white than Chinese. the worst chun li was from the latest marvel game
I guess her SFV model is more Asian looking (with some beauty standard aspects from Asia)?

May also just be the typical grass is greener on the other side situation, where Asia wants more of the Western beauty and vice versa.

But P1S didn’t really follow the face that closely. I personally wouldn’t mind also getting a Chun-Li that’s super close to the game character model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chunrender.png
Views:	494
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	143213  
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:05 AM   #216
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
I guess her SFV model is more Asian looking (with some beauty standard aspects from Asia)?

May also just be the typical grass is greener on the other side situation, where Asia wants more of the Western beauty and vice versa.

But P1S didn’t really follow the face that closely. I personally wouldn’t mind also getting a Chun-Li that’s super close to the game character model.
The face on SFV chun li looks fine to me, i mean Asian looking. it is the Marvel vs Capcom chun li looked disaster.

the artwork i like the most was from Capcom vs SNK 2001
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChunLI.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	143214  
Old 10-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #217
No1
The Avengers

I'm really old school, so I like the original arts, and the animated movie and japanese series, until Street Fighter 3TB.

About anatomy, Chun is diferent on the animated movie (much more manga look) wich is diferent from the original games, and much, much diferent from 3D modeling, when you model something in 3D that was original in 2D looks always completely diferent.

Take any example, in games or animated, from disney princess until modern games, the 2D have a difernt trace and energy, a 3D model is more artificial in my opinion, looks more on the doll side, and a statue MUST be in 3D, so I think we will never really have a Chun that really looks like the classic ones, only if you wanted an art poster and not a statue.

About the 3 versions, yeah Prime's follow the game, like PCS did on Chun Li 1/6 Trigger (big hands and all) and Kinetik and PCS wedding are more human anatomy, I like the colors Prime 1 more, intense blue with gold, I like all 3 faces too, but in general the one that cames close to that classic feeling for me is this one from Kinetiks, Prime looks TOO much SFV, and Wedding have nothing to do with any Chun Li history.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #218
ukshaun
Hercules

SFV is the best looking Chun-Li portrait.
This is followed by the old skool Chun-Li from Street Fighter II Turbo (a favourite SF game of mine).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #219
Shoo
Hercules

Zbrush screenshot by Adeeb Md Mynul Islam.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:25 PM   #220
dw316
Justice League

I had finally found time to watch that pre-order livestream interview with Artgerm and the sculptor Adeeb. I think her blue dress was designed to be like a real qipao, which have the silky shimmer effect since it is usually made with embroidered silk, hence the "shinier" blue on her outfit. The acrylic eyes vs painted eyes is a nice touch. The base has the fun energy of her stage with the chicken and food and traditional old-fashioned furniture and dining accessories. I can't wait to see photos of a live in-person display.

I think I am sold on this one over the P1. No ES has been released yet so may be she won't be sold out yet and we have a chance to see a production piece on display? I still don't know how the P1 is almost 30in tall while this is 22in, it must be angled in such a way that her hand/arm is pointing way up high in the sky; either that or the base is really big and high off the ground. The Kinequette is definitely more compact whilst full of dynamic energy which I like, plus Stanley said he would sign any part of it at a future convention (although I cannot see a good spot yet that could showcase his signature well at a nice angle) so that's also a nice bonus to get the art designer's autograph since he attends a lot of the big ones.

I was gonna order thru SF but they said you get an exclusive art print from the Kinequettes site so I might try using them. Does anyone know if the shipping costs would be really high or roughly the same as SF? Has anyone ordered anything from Kinequettes before?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote