Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #1011
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
That's discouraging to hear, where did this info come from? As it's not on any of the forums or Facebook?
(deleted) error info posted. Confused JND with QS while watching RaddTitan
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:39 PM   #1012
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You will have to ask RaddTitan
Agree or disagree, but RaddTitan tend to say it like it is.
It would be interesting to hear that guy (i forget his name?) from QS who sometimes joins live chats what his opinion is on the matter?
Yeah, Jon

Part of me is hoping they iron out any issues with the early pieces for the Asian market like they supposedly did for joker, but they should just be getting it right first time
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 04:05 PM   #1013
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
You will have to ask RaddTitan
Agree or disagree, but RaddTitan tend to say it like it is.
It would be interesting to hear that guy (i forget his name?) from QS who sometimes joins live chats what his opinion is on the matter?
I used to watch all their videos years ago when I first starting collecting. But then I found their opinions to be heavily biased either for or against depending on manufacturers.

For example XM were the best thing since sliced bread, and Prime 1 were always heavily critiqued (they did soften their attitudes towards the end, but too little, too late). And given their later association with XM.......
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:02 AM   #1014
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
RaddTitan live chat returned last night for the first time in months (possibly 6 months)
During the chat the QS Black Widow came up in the discussion. While no numbers were mentioned, it seems some pieces arrived with broken legs.
The 'supposed response' from QS was, fix it yourself..
That's one up on Prime 1, who told me, paint it yourself.. (when i once received a piece with a wonky eye and 10+ areas of paint missing (unpainted) on the hair)

I hope my QS Joker arrives in good shape
Just watched this.
They start talking about the piece at 1:48 here.

One of them looks at the production pic of the BWs lined up and then immediately brings up the JND Arthur Fleck, because he is questioning the likelihood of this developing the same lean that he is seeing with that JND piece (who he thought was also in a walking pose). That's when the other guy chimes in, saying that a lot of pieces have arrived with broken legs and the owner told them they were on their own.

I don't believe they were referencing Queen or this piece in particular- especially since I haven't seen anyone claiming they've received it yet, anywhere.

OTOH, anyone who has been paying attention has seen pics or videos of JND pieces arriving broken- heads, legs, etc.
I've seen it with Joker and Catwoman. And apparently there are Flecks out there with serious leans.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 01:53 AM   #1015
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I haven't heard about these lean issues with Fleck - can you source the info? I tried a general search and the FB group.

The broken neck on Catwoman was widely discussed.
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:37 AM   #1016
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I haven't heard about these lean issues with Fleck - can you source the info? I tried a general search and the FB group.

The broken neck on Catwoman was widely discussed.
I personally saw one over at Sugo's.

It was ridiculous how much it was leaning to it's left. Maybe as much as 20-25 degrees from perfectly straight.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:52 AM   #1017
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I personally saw one over at Sugo's.

It was ridiculous how much it was leaning to it's left. Maybe as much as 20-25 degrees from perfectly straight.
Well, it just goes to show - higher price doesn't necessarily equate to a superior product in every sense.

I've been guilty of trying to tier these companies. I've had a few run in's with other collectors over my "opinions" - and then Sideshow goes and releases Black Canary.....and it turns everything I thought, on it's head.

I'm now starting to think we (I) need to stop generalizing, and I gotta look at each individual piece in isolation. The sweeping generalizations on these companies just don't fit, and certainly not in 100% of product launches.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:01 AM   #1018
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Just watched this.

I don't believe they were referencing Queen or this piece in particular- especially since I haven't seen anyone claiming they've received it yet, anywhere.
Well that explains it, that's why I questioned it, as there are no in hand pics yet, let alone reports of breakages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well, it just goes to show - higher price doesn't necessarily equate to a superior product in every sense.

I've been guilty of trying to tier these companies. I've had a few run in's with other collectors over my "opinions" - and then Sideshow goes and releases Black Canary.....and it turns everything I thought, on it's head.

I'm now starting to think we (I) need to stop generalizing, and I gotta look at each individual piece in isolation. The sweeping generalizations on these companies just don't fit, and certainly not in 100% of product launches.
Yeah, no companies are without problems, some pieces look great, but not all of them will arrive undamaged or without issue. A lot of us held queen up as one of the good ones, but they're also just another company at the end of the day
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:08 AM   #1019
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Just watched this.

One of them looks at the production pic of the BWs lined up and then immediately brings up the JND Arthur Fleck, because he is questioning the likelihood of this developing the same lean that he is seeing with that JND piece (who he thought was also in a walking pose). That's when the other guy chimes in, saying that a lot of pieces have arrived with broken legs and the owner told them they were on their own.

OTOH, anyone who has been paying attention has seen pics or videos of JND pieces arriving broken- heads, legs, etc.
I've seen it with Joker and Catwoman. And apparently there are Flecks out there with serious leans.
It starts at 1:04:48
You are correct, they show the QS Black Widow and talk about the JND Arthur Fleck and it's leaning issues and legs snapping, and go fix it yourself CS response.

I hope Harley Quinn does not suffer the same fate.
I wonder what Arthurs legs are made from?

I wonder why RaddTitan show a picture of QS Black Widow and talk about the JND Arthur Fleck (and it's leaning/breaking issues) then move onto the next picture without talking about Black Widow?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:45 AM   #1020
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

To be fair, the Radd Titan explanation about the CEO response to the A Fleck issue sounds anecdotal (at best) - the CEO doesn't respond to customer complaints, the Customer Services team do. Secondly, from my personal experience with JND CS, they might well suggest a self fix, but they'll offer you money.....at the least, they won't say "it's your problem".

I'd take what those guys said with a huge pinch of salt.

No disrespect to the Radd Titan guys: it just seems like two guys having a chat, speaking about hear-say and rumours, not facts and evidence. Which is fine for a fireside conversation, but we shouldn't therefore take it as some kind of news report.