Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #281
Mister H
Green Goblin

Well, it would take a while for any company to catch up with Bowen Designs. Tweeterhead is currently on one hell of a roll, Koto could be too with K-Bros doing the creative stuff. That Cable and Ghost Rider would be a pretty good start for them though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #282
MrYac
Hercules

nobody will ever catch up to what Bowen did. the landscape has changed way too much for even half of the lower tier characters Randy did to even get to the concept phase.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:10 AM   #283
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
nobody will ever catch up to what Bowen did. the landscape has changed way too much for even half of the lower tier characters Randy did to even get to the concept phase.
I entirely agree with you. This is part of why I have kept my Bowen pieces and tried to expand with a piece here and there over the years. Just picked up Mangog for $50, Batroc for $30 and the Chrome based Punisher bust for $200. I find that I still have the same thrill when I pick up Bowen pieces today as I did back in the day.

Who would ever create a Mangog piece besides Bowen?
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:06 AM   #284
Blindzider
The Spirit

Agreed with all.

Koto/KBros is still a wait and see. KBros won't be sculpting every piece so it'll be interesting to see how consistent the pieces are across the line. I suspect they'll be much more detailed and naturally higher price than Bowen.

It's unlikely, but if I could find that museum Silver Surfer piece for really cheap, he'd fit nicely in my Defenders setup. I may one day hunt down the other Galactus herald busts if someone has a fire sale on them.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:26 AM   #285
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post

It's unlikely, but if I could find that museum Silver Surfer piece for really cheap, he'd fit nicely in my Defenders setup. I may one day hunt down the other Galactus herald busts if someone has a fire sale on them.
That museum Silver Surfer statue is always priced very high. For some reason, any Surfer statue or bust by Bowen is always priced very at well over the top prices. Other Bowen statues I can understand since many are part of the MCU but the Silver Surfer was never there at all.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:42 PM   #286
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
That museum Silver Surfer statue is always priced very high. For some reason, any Surfer statue or bust by Bowen is always priced very at well over the top prices. Other Bowen statues I can understand since many are part of the MCU but the Silver Surfer was never there at all.
Yep, that's why I've never even bothered to keep looking. It's not a must have for me, but I started salivating at the idea of people getting rid of their collections for low prices. Dare to dream...
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #287
FJC
Midnighter

I had the painted and chrome museum Surfers at one time. Decided to sell the painted one a few years ago. I sold it for a grand on ebay. It did have Stan Lee's signature on it though (so does my chrome one). Those museum Surfers always sold for good money. I feel there are some characters Randy just nails when he sculpts them. IMO, Silver Surfer is at the top of the list. Even Randy's action Surfer is phenomenal.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #288
mmk123

I owned the Action Silver Surfer but sold it about a year ago. It was an incredible piece but I was pairing down and did not regret the sale. I enjoyed the statue for a few years and now someone else has it displayed in their collection (hopefully it is displayed and not boxed in a storage room-it is too nice of a statue to have boxed up).

I am even surprised how much the Surfer mini bust and Galactus Scale statue is going for. Or rather, how much people are asking for them. All of the Surfer statues had a good production run so I think that is what surprises me when they go up for sale since there were a lot produced. But, if you are able to get your asking price for your statue and make a nice profit I say more power to you.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:33 PM   #289
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I was fortunate enough to purchase both the museums and the action but what was really cool was finding an Action Chromed Surfer. Someone had taken the time to get it chromed. It’s a really nice piece.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #290
mmk123

and speaking of Bowen prices on the rise someone just posted the Hela Mini bust on Ebay for $449. The only other mini bust that I saw posted anywhere near that price was the Mockingbird mini bust. At least the seller is offering Free Shipping for the mini bust so that is a bonus. And I do think that with the demand of that character that mini bust will sell.