Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics > IT Department

Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Windows 7 counterfeit

I purchased a copy of Windows 7 off a seller on Ebay. I received, what a appears to be, a genuine package. Has all the signs, blue outer packaging, plastic holder for DVD, serial number, etc.

Now, I'm getting a message my Windows 7 is not genuine. Now I've got to go through my myriad of Ebay transactions to find the buyer and see what's up.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
insomniac
Loki

Try calling microsoft. You may still have a legit key. Tell them where you got it from and what your product key is. They may just give you a new temporary key.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

is its a retail package? like a windows 7 green/blue box that you would find at a best buy?

or is it a white box with just some typed windows 7 on it. Cause it could be a OEM version. OEM versions are for building computers and selling them.

OEM is fine, just best to call up MS and tell them you are trying to install the software and its giving you errors. If you give them the key over the phone they can walk you thru it and do a cracked code to get it running so if someone else if running the same serial code and they hook to the net, MS will cut their license and they will be blocked out of their system.

Only reason i know this is i tried to install a OEM version on two different computers and the second one wouldnt let me, meaning another computer out there was already running that serial #.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote