Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #1491
built2shred
Phoenix

The Expanse
Season 1-3
8/10

Great sci-fi series, starts out a bit slow but once it gets going there's lots of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Lost in Space (2018)

Just finished watching the first 10 episodes, and I liked it a lot by the end. Good cast also, Looking forwards to more.
Sucks that we have to wait a whole year for the next season... Defiantly one of my favorite sci-fi shows..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #1492
Python
Omega Red

I keep meaning to start watching the expanse. I think I'm due another Babylon 5 marathon first though, we'll see....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #1493
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The Expanse
Season 1-3
8/10

Great sci-fi series, starts out a bit slow but once it gets going there's lots of action.

Sucks that we have to wait a whole year for the next season... Defiantly one of my favorite sci-fi shows..
Gonna be the new norm as binging entire seasons is becoming the new way to watch series tv. Takes them a lot longer to produce the shows than for us to watch it.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #1494
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I almost gave up on Vikings before the narrative shift to his son’s batting for power. I think the series is as strong as it’s ever been. Last season was on par with the best the series has had to offer.
I stuck with it and finished Season 4, there was a lull in the middle where I felt it went off track but the end finished strong.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #1495
protector2814
Phoenix

Lost In Space (2018) Netflix - 8.5/10

Finished it & loved it. Man, I hope it gets a 2nd season. Very strong reboot while still paying a lot of homage to the original, much like BSG. Dr. Smith & Gaius Balter have much in common. Great final episode. I will definitely come back if there's more.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #1496
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I keep meaning to start watching the expanse. I think I'm due another Babylon 5 marathon first though, we'll see....
You should start watching the Expanse a.s.a.p. You will NOT be disappointed. It's one of the best sci-fi series out there!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #1497
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Peaky Blinders S4 - Best season by far
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #1498
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Gonna be the new norm as binging entire seasons is becoming the new way to watch series tv. Takes them a lot longer to produce the shows than for us to watch it.
The advantage to that is the story is fresh In you mind vs breaking it up over 10-12 weeks... Some series go off the air for 2 months before showing the last 7-8 episodes of the season... by then you've forgotten the plot for the most part..

Streaming is the way to go and it's a lot cheaper then getting cable... between the costs of the cable subscription plus the boxes they force you to lease, your spending $80-$150 a month on just TV and the sad thing is your cable package is jammed full of junk channels you'll never watch... I rather subscribe to 3-4 streaming services which run from $10-$15 a month, it's a lot cheaper and you get better shows IMO.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #1499
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The Expanse
Season 1-3
8/10

Super slow. I still enjoy it but it's a hard sell to the missus. Season 3 isn't out here yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
You guys need to be more like me... I'm struggling to keep up. By the time I finish a season there is normally something else to watch, sometimes by the time I catch up and watch the "latest" season of a series, the next season is coming out as I finish it.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #1500
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

iZombie S1&2 - 7.5/10 what a lovely show! Nothing too serious and with my kind of humor.
La casa de papel S1 - 8.5/10 spanish serie about 'the biggest heist ever'. I loved it!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote