Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #2691
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Agreed, tired of her looking offended and or upset every other scene. And then she has to monologue for a bit right after.

Cannot wait for the Captain Pike spinoff Strange New Worlds to start up.
A captain Pike spinoff? That sounds pretty awseome
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #2692
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Agreed, the show has become more of a soap opera with all the lame "romantic" relationships they keep dragging out, You have a heterosexual one, a gay one and now a transsexual one... I watch Star Trek for action and adventure, I couldn't care less about all the stupid "romantic" relationship stories.... Then you always have someone crying every episode which is as annoying as F*($... The show is going downhill fast...
I agree, I don't intend to insult anyone, but sometimes it's just too PC for my tastes.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #2693
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Barbarians 6/10

MEH, not great not terrible
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:36 AM   #2694
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Voyager the entire series 7/10 didn't feel like rating each season, finally got through all of them. It was an okay series, not nearly as good as DS9. There were probably 5-6 episodes I skipped.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #2695
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Voyager the entire series 7/10 didn't feel like rating each season, finally got through all of them. It was an okay series, not nearly as good as DS9. There were probably 5-6 episodes I skipped.
I'm kind of in the minority here in that I always much preferred Voyager to DS9. I never really got the dislike for it from many corners (Not that you personally hinted at actively disliking it, but many others do) In fact it's probably my favorite Trek series now that I think about it. I started watching DS9 again last year and I got a little bored and gave up although I will go back to it at some point and I did watch them all back in the day. I like that Voyager is the most explorative of the series, I like the ship, the cast and many of the numerous races they encounter. All of the series have less good episodes and cast members etc, and Voyager is certainly no exception, but over all I find it to just be an enjoyable and entertaining ride.

I do think that a big contributor to this for me is the fact that arguably my all time favourite show is Babylon 5 and I've watched it countless times. I just feel like B5 did pretty much everything that DS9 did better than DS9 did it. Maybe that's why I never fully connected with DS9 so much as others did. I don't hate it at all, it's enjoyable enough, I just don't think it's anything overly special. When I'm watching it, I can't shake the feeling that I'd be having more fun watching B5 even though I've seen that numerous times... I quite fancy watching Voyager again now mind.

All of that said, DS9 is infinitely superior to current day Star Trek. I'd take that over Discovery or Picard all day long.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #2696
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I recently watched the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and it's actually a good series. I'm on season 4 now but I would give it an 8/10. I held off for so long because I thought it would have been cheesy like the 90's show but it's dark.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #2697
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Lupin 8/10
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #2698
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

How To With John Wilson - 9/10. Weird yet poignant.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:48 PM   #2699
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
DS9 is infinitely superior to current day Star Trek. I'd take that over Discovery or Picard all day long.
I agree, unfortunately they decided to try and make Discovery and Picard these serious dramas which IMO failed... Reminds me of Stargate Universe, instead of sticking with what works they tried to be more drama oriented and that series failed also...

The only series that did a good job at going the drama route was the reboot of Battlestar Galactica...

Star Trek TNG - 8/10
Deep Space 9 - 9/10
Voyager - 8/10
Enterprise - 7/10
Discovery - 6/10
Picard - 5/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:04 PM   #2700
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree, unfortunately they decided to try and make Discovery and Picard these serious dramas which IMO failed... Reminds me of Stargate Universe, instead of sticking with what works they tried to be more drama oriented and that series failed also...

The only series that did a good job at going the drama route was the reboot of Battlestar Galactica...

Star Trek TNG - 8/10
Deep Space 9 - 9/10
Voyager - 8/10
Enterprise - 7/10
Discovery - 6/10
Picard - 5/10
im ashamed to say I've never seen DS9, I think I should do a marathon soon, Im only 25 or so years behind lol

I really loved TNG, and I really liked Voyager as well, not as much as TNG but I still really enjoyed it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote