Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2021, 08:59 AM   #4211
grphyx1
Kingpin

I'm not lamenting the lack of major announcements in this line, doesn't mean I don't still love my pieces. I wouldn't say the line is dead at all (pun intended). They've moved into some other areas to appeal to different collectors. You get what you can and what you love. That said, we got some great designs out of this and with a limited audience, I feel one announcement a year is probably what to expect.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #4212
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

grphyx1, I would probably be happy with one premium format a year, if it was the really great characters that are still missing like Exraile, I guess I just hate that Tom (creator) and Anna (brand manager) don't do much hyping this line anymore, I feel they are hurting the growth big time, used to get a lot more comments even on here about it when they pushed it better, but yeah I still love my pieces I own no doubt
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:43 PM   #4213
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm out.

Only got 4 left to sell, can't shift them even at or below retail.

Shame Sideshow just haven't persisted with it all, no new books, no new lore, the last statue wasn't great, no interest in 1/6 figures...

I still love the world they built but lost interest overall.
I'm Totally shocked to hear this! Your youtube reviews were one of the things that first got me Excited about the line. Now I own most of them, although I'm still missing Demethyle, Odium & a Kier version 2 Exclusive! Admittedly, the last couple of reveals haven't excited me Oathbreaker was a bore & I'm still on the fence about the Goat (maybe with free shipping) but I Loved Ravlatch & Elialanthis (spelling?)

I'm curious, which ones are you still selling?? Hit me up on PM if you like...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:20 PM   #4214
Matanza
Frackin!

Is this line officially dead?
After an SDCC without news and the low edition of Oathbreaker (500) It seems that they will not continue with the line...
Somebody have any good news?
Matanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #4215
Matanza
Frackin!

Is this line officially dead?
After an SDCC without news and the low edition of Oathbreaker (500) It seems that they will not continue with the line...
Somebody have any good news?
Matanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #4216
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

It doesnt look good, if there is nothing at NYCC or Spooktacular then yeah the large scale statue line is pretty much dead, but it's only Sideshow to blame.

And if that mess they call Oathbreaker Stryfe is indeed the last one then that is a sad way to end it when you consider the plethora of great looking characters in the lore they could have made.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #4217
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

It doesnt look good, if there is nothing at NYCC or Spooktacular then yeah the large scale statue line is pretty much dead, but it's only Sideshow to blame.

And if that mess they call Oathbreaker Stryfe is indeed the last one then that is a sad way to end it when you consider the plethora of great looking characters in the lore they could have made.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:19 PM   #4218
Biggunz
Loki

Line looks to be dead to me

If they kept it running at the prices they want to pump

It just doesn't make sense (and its not because of inflation for any geniuses out there!! Lol)

Hence the toys
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #4219
Valderen
The Spirit

I personally think they killed the line when they made new version of old character rather than continue to expand the line. Not expanding into Heaven and Hell was such a missed opportunity.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #4220
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Atlantisdawn, tomorrow at what appears to be 6pm EDT there is an interview with Tom Gilliland about Court of the Dead. Not sure if it's facebook exclusive or not. I'll update if I get more info.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote