Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-28-2020, 09:28 PM   #771
Biggunz
Loki

A set man. Congrats!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #772
Augen
Metal Men

I'm debating between which one...if start selling out may make my decision for me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #773
ukshaun
Hercules

I got the impression new PCS does not listen to collectors, when it comes to making changes.
This begs the question: Why has PCS felt the need to alter Cammy's paint app after the piece(s) went up for pre_order?

The only answer i can come up with is - lack of sales?
Correct me i am wrong, but i cannot recall a piece in the past that as been put up for pre_order only to have such a major paint app alteration shortly afterwards.

I was on the fence with this piece (the classic atleast). The new paint app as put be off 100%
Great if you like the altered paint app. Where does that leave those that pre_ordered and want the original paint app?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #774
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I got the impression new PCS does not listen to collectors, when it comes to making changes.
This begs the question: Why has PCS felt the need to alter Cammy's paint app after the piece(s) went up for pre_order?

The only answer i can come up with is, lack of sales.
Correct me i am wrong, but i cannot recall a piece in the past what as been put up for pre_order only to have such a major paint app alteration.

I was on the fence with this piece (the classic atleast). The new paint app as put be off 100%
Great if you like the altered paint app.
Capcom could've requested the changes. I've heard they can be very picky at times.

It could be worse though, they've done this before with disastrous results. Remember the first Chun-Li statue that PCS made? Capcom requested some changes to the face during production and it turned out to be a mess. PCS had to offer in-house painting services to make up for the awful changes.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #775
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Capcom could've requested the changes. I've heard they can be very picky at times.

It could be worse though, they've done this before with disastrous results. Remember the first Chun-Li statue that PCS made? Capcom requested some changes to the eyes during production and it turned out to be a mess. PCS had to offer in-house painting services to make up for the awful changes.
By the time a piece goes up for pre_order, i would assume it has passed all it had to pass, like pleasing Capcom for example.

I heard about the Chun-Li eye's saga. It was before i got into the hobby. I thought that was a factory problem, not a Capcom issue?

If Capcom are so picky, how comes they failed to spot the obvious error with Laura Matsuda's hair quiff being pushing too far back?
..and will PCS be fixing it?
If they do fix the quiff, i might pick the piece up.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #776
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Okay reg in my living room, bee in my study and decapre in my bedroom....I am set!
But that paint, can be tricky I doubt production can look like this tbh
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #777
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Not a series I'm collecting but the new paints look better to me is my 2 cents.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:15 PM   #778
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

The only answer i can come up with is - lack of sales?
Correct me i am wrong, but i cannot recall a piece in the past that as been put up for pre_order only to have such a major paint app alteration shortly afterwards.

Great if you like the altered paint app. Where does that leave those that pre_ordered and want the original paint app?
Changing something cause sales aren't good is quite literally listening to collectors ;p This isn't that major either it's just the fast paint. Also they have changed things when there has been enough people crying out about it (a great example is the entire resculpt of sakura which was pretty bad before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post

It could be worse though, they've done this before with disastrous results. Remember the first Chun-Li statue that PCS made? Capcom requested some changes to the face during production and it turned out to be a mess. PCS had to offer in-house painting services to make up for the awful changes.
It doubt capcom had anything to do with it. They probably just did it because enough people complained and/or sales as ukshaun said.

Also capcom asking for the eyes to be looking a different direction didn't mean they requested they have lazy eye, that was a production failure on PCS for sure.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #779
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I dig the repaint, but I still can't get over how horrible the pose is so still no on the order.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:34 PM   #780
dao2
Cyclops

it's the price for me :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote