Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #301
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Disney pulled no punches in their response to Scarlett Johansson's lawsuit: https://deadline.com/2021/07/scarlet...it-1234802440/
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #302
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone else find it amusing, Disney and their pro_female stance, and now a female has turned on them
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #303
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Disney pulled no punches in their response to Scarlett Johansson's lawsuit: https://deadline.com/2021/07/scarlet...it-1234802440/
I find Disney's response appalling. I hope Scarlett wins the lawsuit against them.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #304
NylonQueen33
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
Anyone else find it amusing, Disney and their pro_female stance, and now a female has turned on them
"Pro-Female stance"
Why not call it what it really is... Virtue signalling.
It's nothing but an attempt to squeeze more money out of women by appealing to them. It's disingenuous not honorable, not noble, it's not for equity or anything more than that.
Also the irony of people crying over how they do Johannson while ignoring them throwing Gina Carano under the bus and still toting "muh wammen powwa" is comical. . Just goes to show how morality is so flexible and visibly flawed when you pretend to circle the wagons but leave big giant gaps because of partisanship.
NylonQueen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #305
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Pretty sure it’s not Scarlet. I bet her agent started it and got her convinced she could get more money and as a result, the agent will too.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #306
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Pretty sure it’s not Scarlet. I bet her agent started it and got her convinced she could get more money and as a result, the agent will too.
I figured that also. SJ probably has no idea she is in the news
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:11 PM   #307
MKS
Nightwing

I liked the movie - not awesome, but very enjoyable. As for the lawsuit, seems reasonable to me given the change to distribution practices after the agreement was signed.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #308
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just don't feel that Disney has a leg to stand on with their defense of "callous" regard to a global COVID-19 pandemic when they have TWO major theme parks open and running. Nice try Mouse House, but you look like a$$hats with that retort.

I do feel that ScarJo was hosed either way with box office revenue. There are still plenty of people who will not go to theatres and theaters that are not running at capacity. That being said, a contract is a contract.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #309
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

what a sleazeball reply from Disney, they're trying to turn public opinion against Scarlet by pretty much saying how dare she care about this when the world is going through a pandemic and also by publicly stating how much she made for the movie so people will think well shes got enough money shes just being greedy lmao

a contract is a contract, doesnt matter if she made 100Million for the movie or $1,000, and I dont usually defend actors as I do believe they are overpaid but throwing around her wage and covid to try and make themselves look better is just sad
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #310
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just don't feel that Disney has a leg to stand on with their defense of "callous" regard to a global COVID-19 pandemic when they have TWO major theme parks open and running. Nice try Mouse House, but you look like a$$hats with that retort.

I do feel that ScarJo was hosed either way with box office revenue. There are still plenty of people who will not go to theatres and theaters that are not running at capacity. That being said, a contract is a contract.
I definitely would not go to the theaters, even though I am fully vaccinated. Normally my sons would join me at the movies, so it made sense to order it on Disney+, and I am sure a lot of people did, do SJ lost money from my purchase.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote