Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-07-2020, 03:45 AM   #751
wayne-m0
The Spirit

T-REX ARRIVES IN UK

Ok so my T-Rex arrived yesterday, thankfully without any damage. So what is my opinion on this for what it is worth. Well firstly Chronicle has done well to package this so well. It was a complete pain in the ass to unbox and getting rid of the foam packing and pallet etc will be a pain but it did the job it was meant to. Now getting the T-Rex out of the packing is another story. I don't like removing something this heavy without some form of guidance or straps. It would be far too easy to pull this out with such a tight fit and break off say a toe nail or arm claw etc. It is a best guess on where to hold this and it takes two people for sure to do this by co-ordinated careful lifting to get this thing out. That was the most nerve wracking part for me and then of course getting it onto the base and checking the external areas for damage. It doesnt sit perfectly flat on the feet on the base slight gap but seems solid and stable and i'm not going to force it either. The base is great quite plain but then you don't want to be looking at the base as the T-Rex is the star of the show so should not detract from it. So the paint job. Ok the photos don't do it justice. It is darker in real life than the photos show and for me that is great. The only thing I will get done in future is try to get some additional paint effects added (as per a previous post which is on here) in some areas specifically for me some more darker shading and striping effects on the head down to the body but this is my preference and I could live with it as is. I choose to make it better as I have a talented artist who can do it. The muscle area on the mouth is for me too bright and pink and so i will get this toned down by getting some additional flesh tones added. Also no one has mentioned the lovely (for me anyway) purple pink detailing which runs all the way in the recess areas all over the back of the body from the spine area downward. I'll try to take a close up as these look great for me at any rate and needs a close up shot to see it. Ok for the money guys, Think on it. The detailing is awesome. The scale effect on the skin is awesome. The eyes are amazing. How hard is this to get right and replicate from a sculpt and to mold etc. The material costs involved also. Its very heavy but I suspect hollow maybe fibre glass construction. Only 100 in the world with the licence. Pose is great. So for me ticks the boxes thankfully and worth it even with the additional rip off UK custom and shipping costs. Some photos added and some more to come soon. Sorry its a long post but think its worth it to analyse it and has that wow factor in a collection I feel and so hard to find anything else like it. For those in the USA I have seen so many large display areas that space doesn't seem to be an issue to display this well. This isn't for the standard UK bedroom or sitting room so for me its in the garage which is my model display area anyway but for most of us in the UK or the average ones anyway, we live in rabbit hutch houses so space is a problem and this would just not be an ideal piece to display. Ok that's my take for what it is worth at any rate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Rex 1.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	650.0 KB
ID:	130285   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Rex 2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	130286   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Rex 3.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	130287   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Rex 5.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	481.0 KB
ID:	130288   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Rex 6.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	130289  

wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #752
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Grats. wayne, the piece that I've most dreaded having to unpack and inspect. One thing I noticed too is how tight the Rex is packed in the foam, still haven't unpacked mine and got him about a month ago. Was at my storage last week but didn't want to open up the can of worms, need an assistant for this one and once I start I'm commited, no stopping the unpack with this piece.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #753
clutch
Sailor Moon

Paragraphs are your friends.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #754
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Congrats Wayne !! Thanks for sharing your POV
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #755
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkmail View Post
Congrats Wayne !! Thanks for sharing your POV
Thank you. No worries anything to add to the thread.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:40 PM   #756
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Grats. wayne, the piece that I've most dreaded having to unpack and inspect. One thing I noticed too is how tight the Rex is packed in the foam, still haven't unpacked mine and got him about a month ago. Was at my storage last week but didn't want to open up the can of worms, need an assistant for this one and once I start I'm commited, no stopping the unpack with this piece.
Yes mate it is VERY tightly packed in the foam and it sounds awful pulling up out of it. Definitely 2 people not an enjoyable part of it at all but at least its packed well to prevent movement thereby damage. Best of luck getting it out and putting it on display. It's a lovely piece or should I say centre piece!!
Old 05-07-2020, 03:26 PM   #757
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Nice pics of the delivery/unboxing. Post some pics when you have her all setup.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #758
thx217
Ultimates

Congrats, Mk and Wayne! We need more pics.

Check out this awesome JP Reunion on YT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3L2...MjufyEAg8GlCDE
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #759
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Congrats, Mk and Wayne! We need more pics.

Check out this awesome JP Reunion on YT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3L2...MjufyEAg8GlCDE
Nice !!!
Thanks !
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:57 PM   #760
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m insanely jealous!
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote