Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-18-2021, 07:12 PM   #21
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
See, we don't know the exact date they "knew", and even going into bankruptcy is not always the "end", many come back from it so the fact that they kept orders open was not in and of itself negligent. They did stop preorders eventually, everything on the site went down months before they liquidated. They also did refund some people so that does not fit with the scammer narrative he is trying to push. Every business eventually goes under and inevitably not everyone comes out whole, it's just part of life.
I know at one point they stopped replying to people and didn’t answer on their Facebook postings but were still taking peoples money on preorders. This looks pretty bad. Many companies do come out of bankruptcy as I have worked for some and did business with others on both sides. I have to say though every one of those companies knew well ahead of time if they were restructuring or going under though.
The one piece of gold I find in this is if they did refund some people on their own free will.

Just disappointing to see such a company as this go down in this way. They had a good reputation before this but it Would make it really hard to buy from another company started by them again due to the way they went out. Kind of like “jerry” from another company. Most on here would not deal with a company that was started by him due to past experience. Although I have to say I don’t think cc is nearly as bad. He was pretty slippery.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #22
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Most of the people got let go fairly quickly so there wasn't much warning from what I can tell. When I got through to them only Amy and one other were still working and that was her last day so there was really nobody left to reply to anything.
I am sure they were let go like that. Most companies will do that and not let the workers know ahead of time so people don’t jump ship before they want them to. Sad but fact of life and I get why. The person(s) running the company would be the ones I blame. Amy and the sculptors would not be to blame and were most likely in the dark till the end or close to it. This will be my last post on this as my purpose wasn’t to throw gasoline on a fire here but just thought I would state the way I see it and I believe how most here see it. I hate to see any company go under as it’s a dream crushed and the loss of jobs for many. They had some nice products and I don’t blame the workers there for any of it. I have no inside track and just looking at it from the outside. I feel for those that lost their money or went through months of stress trying to get it back.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:48 PM   #23
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I am sure they were let go like that. Most companies will do that and not let the workers know ahead of time so people don’t jump ship before they want them to. Sad but fact of life and I get why. The person(s) running the company would be the ones I blame. Amy and the sculptors would not be to blame and were most likely in the dark till the end or close to it. This will be my last post on this as my purpose wasn’t to throw gasoline on a fire here but just thought I would state the way I see it and I believe how most here see it. I hate to see any company go under as it’s a dream crushed and the loss of jobs for many. They had some nice products and I don’t blame the workers there for any of it. I have no inside track and just looking at it from the outside. I feel for those that lost their money or went through months of stress trying to get it back.
Exactly, it was Clay who was mostly to blame, along with other factors like Iron Studios screwing them over(not to mention Universal that sold them out in the first place with their license). It makes no sense for them to have kept preorders open for a long as they did just to "steal". Those late proceed orders would just turn into chargebacks anyway within 6 months. The idea that they kept orders open just to rip people off is not logical, those prototypes cost a ton to make and they gain basically nothing except possible fraud charges. Chronicle always had a troll problem, so it's no shock they are still hanging around to try and gloat.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:19 PM   #24
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Exactly, it was Clay who was mostly to blame, along with other factors like Iron Studios screwing them over(not to mention Universal that sold them out in the first place with their license). It makes no sense for them to have kept preorders open for a long as they did just to "steal". Those late proceed orders would just turn into chargebacks anyway within 6 months. The idea that they kept orders open just to rip people off is not logical, those prototypes cost a ton to make and they gain basically nothing except possible fraud charges. Chronicle always had a troll problem, so it's no shock they are still hanging around to try and gloat.
Guess I don’t understand exactly how charge backs work but I thought if they charged them , then they had the money. If they then went into bankruptcy then that money could be gone and there would be nothing to return (possible to get it back from your payment method but then they would be screwed and not be able to get theirs back from CC). No I don’t think cc set out to screw people when they were making the protos, just that they should have shut down the orders way before they did.
How did iron and universal screw them? They should have had clear contracts to any rights from universal as I would assume selling temp rights is a standard procedure for things. I am guessing it has something to do with the JP licensing?
Old 04-18-2021, 11:38 PM   #25
clutch
Sailor Moon

Kurgan preorder went up in June. The earliest I heard about cutting employee hours and laying people off was in July and that they probably wouldn't last much longer. Partial.ly refunds started issuing in Sept. All products pulled from website sometime in November.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:53 PM   #26
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Kurgan preorder went up in June. The earliest I heard about cutting employee hours and laying people off was in July and that they probably wouldn't last much longer. Partial.ly refunds started issuing in Sept. All products pulled from website sometime in November.
And I would think that leaves Partial.ly stuck with “hopefully “ getting their money back from chronicle. All preorders should have stopped once they knew they could not fulfill them. This is on the person(s) running the company not the employees.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:02 AM   #27
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Guess I don’t understand exactly how charge backs work but I thought if they charged them , then they had the money. If they then went into bankruptcy then that money could be gone and there would be nothing to return (possible to get it back from your payment method but then they would be screwed and not be able to get theirs back from CC). No I don’t think cc set out to screw people when they were making the protos, just that they should have shut down the orders way before they did.
How did iron and universal screw them? They should have had clear contracts to any rights from universal as I would assume selling temp rights is a standard procedure for things. I am guessing it has something to do with the JP licensing?
You can do chargebacks on most credit cards 6 months after a charge, the card issuer will reverse the charge on the business to recover those funds and you get your money back. I got a refund via merch for my unfulfilled preorders as they were older than 6 months. They also sent payment to Toynami in December right before they closed to make sure I got my Endo I waited years for. They didn't have to do anything for me, but they did, and those aren't actions of a company like what the trolls claim.

The Universal and Iron fiascos are detailed in other threads, but basically Uni said they had worldwide JP license, then took it away and split it up to let other companies have different regions. Then to add insult to injury Iron sent a bunch of those expensive JP rex sets to CC and most broke in transit and CC was on the hook for those refunds as Iron would do nothing. There were also issues with their cash cow Gamestop too. Trolls don't care about any of this though, their vendetta goes back to almost day 1. Most got banned years ago, but not all unfortunately.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:18 AM   #28
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
And I would think that leaves Partial.ly stuck with “hopefully “ getting their money back from chronicle. All preorders should have stopped once they knew they could not fulfill them. This is on the person(s) running the company not the employees.
That's something we don't and probably won't ever know for sure. When Clay threw in the towel and knew it was over and how long after that all this went down. All I can do is go by what I found out and what actually happened to me and others. None of that points to intentional fraud as the trolls would have you believe.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #29
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

This thread is a dumpster fire. Did Chronicle ---- up? Yep. Were they sitting in their offices plotting to screw over all their customers? Not that I can see.

People take things too personally nowadays. Anyone that owns a business goes through good and bad times. Even filing bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean your business closes down. There was always a chance that they'd work out whatever their issues were and be able to keep the products flowing. My only issue with Chronicle in this situation was that I think they should have had much better communication when they realized they were closing.

Otherwise (WARNING: unpopular opinion incoming), in terms of their products and staff, I always had a good experience with them.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:37 AM   #30
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
All preorders should have stopped once they knew they could not fulfill them.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote