Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-05-2024, 11:48 PM   #121
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Posted 4 minutes ago by XM:

Dear Collectors,

We trust this message finds you well. XM Studios would like to update you on recent developments in our partnership with Legendary Beast Studios (LBS) regarding the collaborative effort to produce a line of Marvel 1/3 and 1/7 scale statues.

The framework of our partnership involved XM Studios overseeing factory operations and license approvals, while LBS managed the design stages. Unfortunately, both studios have faced challenges that have impacted our collaboration.

In light of the current situation, we have noticed the significant popularity of the 1/3 scale line among collectors. To ensure continuity for those who have invested in or expressed interest in these pieces, we are exploring the possibility of LBS continuing the line by obtaining their own license. Please continue to support LBS if they choose to pursue this option.

If LBS decides not to proceed, XM Studios is obliged to fulfill the line as per our contractual agreement with the licensor. This involves the creation of 14 additional designs that were initially committed by LBS during our partnership. As the current ownership of the designs lies with LBS, we will adapt and redesign them to align with our unique style.

To reassure collectors, XM Studios will continue to collaborate with LBS to fulfill existing pre-orders for the LBS Iron Man 1/3 scale statue.

Our top priority is to find a resolution that best serves the interests of our valued collectors. We understand the significance of these collectibles to you and appreciate your continued support.

Thank you for your understanding as we navigate through these challenges together.

Sincerely,
XM Studios
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0828.jpeg
Views:	838
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	168888  
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:14 AM   #122
Frankierock
Omega Red

Hmmmm,
So if I’m reading this correctly, we will be getting the rest of the line and then some, granted at some point down the line. This is getting interesting indeed.
It sounds like it’s more of a controlling issue, not a money one.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:07 AM   #123
AC_808
Hercules

Interesting.

So either only LBS is running the show or only XM is running the show ...for future characters for this line.

I would imagine it be best if LBS runs the show because then the future POs will be consistent with the design of the released pieces.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:22 AM   #124
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I would imagine it be best if LBS runs the show because then the future POs will be consistent with the design of the released pieces.
Yep, I'm sure most collectors would agree.

"we are exploring the possibility of LBS continuing the line by obtaining their own license. Please continue to support LBS if they choose to pursue this option"

Hopefully LBS can indeed get their own license and continue on their path.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:13 AM   #125
XMAN
Ultron

To reassure collectors, XM Studios will continue to collaborate with LBS to fulfill existing pre-orders for the LBS Iron Man 1/3 scale statue.
Sounds like we will be getting the iron man. I truly hope so. The classic Iron Man is a must have for me.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:39 AM   #126
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
If LBS decides not to proceed, XM Studios is obliged to fulfill the line as per our contractual agreement with the licensor. This involves the creation of 14 additional designs that were initially committed by LBS during our partnership. As the current ownership of the designs lies with LBS, we will adapt and redesign them to align with our unique style.
LBS has been doing classic comic book designs so this is basically saying if XM takes over the designs we’ll get typical XM over designing and arbitrary costume changes but in 1/3.

If this is the route they end up taking they’re going to end up killing their own line.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:06 PM   #127
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
LBS has been doing classic comic book designs so this is basically saying if XM takes over the designs we?ll get typical XM over designing and arbitrary costume changes but in 1/3.

If this is the route they end up taking they?re going to end up killing their own line.

Yup, exactly.

Way better to have LBS get the license and continue with the line.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:50 PM   #128
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
LBS has been doing classic comic book designs so this is basically saying if XM takes over the designs we?ll get typical XM over designing and arbitrary costume changes but in 1/3.

If this is the route they end up taking they?re going to end up killing their own line.
Amen.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:36 AM   #129
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:

Samurai (re)style again ?? Oh man..

imo XM should better invest in 'normal' licenses to crank up their downward sales.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:44 PM   #130
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Samurai (re)style again ?? Oh man..

imo XM should better invest in 'normal' licenses to crank up their downward sales.
lol I like a lot of the samurai designs. I’m fine with those because they’re supposed to be original designs.

My issue is when they do the “normal” version of a character and go wild with it and it starts to look like something else.

But I agree, they should stick with more “normal” designs, or just full on classic/popular. Because although they do look cool you can’t tell me Knights of Steel was better than doing a normal comic book Nightwing and Martian Manhunter, or making Samurai Red Hood over comic book Red Hood.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote