Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #41
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

After looking more closely at the pics, I see that it is definitely the Jim Lee version. I'm so very happy about this. 😁😁😁
Now I'm hoping for the white color outfit. Most likely it will be.

Time to go out for a drink to celebrate. 🥂🥳🥂🥳🥂

Thank you Sideshow!👍👍👍
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #42
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Oh why thank you! You got yours and now we get ours

I am now not-so patiently waiting to see the color of the suit. Storm herself looks great. Powerful pose, hair seems to have nice volume and movement. Oh crap, I hope they don’t give her those horrible bangs/cowlick that Lee did. Ugh. She was pretty much rocking a mullet for part of the Lee era. Hopefully because this wasn’t just a banner teaser we will see a full gallery soon.
And you get a silhouette so know more than a banner which is great. Hope the full reveal works out and you'll be hapy to have her in your collection.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #43
dechirico7
The Flash

Are the 12 Days reveals always this lame? Just logos?

This piece seems to mirror the Jean PF pose. The arms arent extended back quite as far, but still close enough. Kind of disapointed they went with the Jim Lee Silver suit, but I get why they did, to match the other pieces.

I would have loved a great Storm a few years ago, but now, I feel like this piece will need to be insanely amazing for me to make a purchase. It will be interesting to see if this is on the same level as Emma (disappointing ) or Jean/X-23/Psylocke/Rogue (amazing).
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #44
Peedi
The Secret Six

None of these X-Men have been 100% comic accurate. Even Cyclops and Gambit who come close, still aren’t. We don’t know how accurate or not this will be. It’s definitely the Lee costume as it’s base...but for example, Fortnite used it as its base but then went with other design changes so that it’s Lee inspired but not Lee faithful. Just using as an example, not saying I’d want this.

Maybe this PF has a head with tiara and a head without? Maybe a Mohawk head despite not being a costume she wore with a Mohawk? Maybe this costume is 2 colored... silver and black, or white and silver, or black and white? Or maybe aside from the toned down sleeves it really is extremely close to the comic costume? I dig the pose and I’m excited to see the actual details.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #45
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Wow, I didn't think there would be an uglier costume for Storm, but that Fortnite version proved me wrong.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #46
dechirico7
The Flash

If they do a more modern version, mixing aspects of her old costumes, I would be up for that. I mean, Emma had sea urchin hair and she never had that in the comics. So who knows what stupid twists they might throw in on this one.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #47
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, I didn't think there would be an uglier costume for Storm, but that Fortnite version proved me wrong.
Lol I couldn’t stand it when I first saw it. I think at this point I’m just used to it rather than actually like it. But again, just using it as an example to say we don’t know the details on this SS costume yet. I like XM handled the costume. Can’t wait to see what SS does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
If they do a more modern version, mixing aspects of her old costumes, I would be up for that. I mean, Emma had sea urchin hair and she never had that in the comics. So who knows what stupid twists they might throw in on this one.
Me, too. Like what they did with Colossus, it’s a mix of costumes.

And I just don’t like that Emma PF at all. Lol. But hopefully any twists on this Storm won’t be stupid. Or least negligible differences, like how on Rogue Maquette they changed the 2 black bars on her Jim Lee costume’s chest into a full triangle thing. Not comic accurate, but not a bad design decision.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #48
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
None of these X-Men have been 100% comic accurate. Even Cyclops and Gambit who come close, still aren’t. We don’t know how accurate or not this will be. It’s definitely the Lee costume as it’s base...but for example, Fortnite used it as its base but then went with other design changes so that it’s Lee inspired but not Lee faithful. Just using as an example, not saying I’d want this.

Maybe this PF has a head with tiara and a head without? Maybe a Mohawk head despite not being a costume she wore with a Mohawk? Maybe this costume is 2 colored... silver and black, or white and silver, or black and white? Or maybe aside from the toned down sleeves it really is extremely close to the comic costume? I dig the pose and I’m excited to see the actual details.

Good point! If SSC tones down some elements of the Jim Lee costume, then it could look way better. Toned down sleeves and shoulder pads for example. And if they give her a beautiful portrait like they did with Jean, then we might just have a winner yet.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #49
dechirico7
The Flash

I dont think this is an actual image based off the statue.
It looks like a poor computer render.
Cape looks like an afterthought, which might signify that it will be fabric.

Sorry if these points were already made. Just throwing stuff out here.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #50
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Perhaps the cape will be sculpted, the contact points seem to thin to stay up in that position if made of fabric.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote