Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #81
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ordered but I think the price is steep given how simple the paint job is. I know XM have stated that the star wars statues won't have switch outs but a few things I hope they reconsider:

1. Switch out portrait without hood or removable hood if possible.

2. Light up saber. Make the gloved hands and saber detachable from the body and put the battery compartment under one of the gloves (maybe one doesn't have or need a magnet).

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #82
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I had decided to pass but this piece kept pulling back in ever since it was shown at this year's STGCC so I placed my order yesterday. It's such a dynamic piece and as others have said it's the best Maul done to date. No other company has come close to capturing Maul in such a captivating way. He's going to look great displayed with XM Luke in my collection.
Sounds like this piece broke both of our resolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
Ordered but I think the price is steep given how simple the paint job is. I know XM have stated that the star wars statues won't have switch outs but a few things I hope they reconsider:

1. Switch out portrait without hood or removable hood if possible.

2. Light up saber. Make the gloved hands and saber detachable from the body and put the battery compartment under one of the gloves (maybe one doesn't have or need a magnet).

Personally I’d rather see them leave any light-up feature out if they can’t wire it through to the base and incorporate an AC adapter option. Battery powered = waste of resources IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #83
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sounds like this piece broke both of our resolves.

Personally I’d rather see them leave any light-up feature out if they can’t wire it through to the base and incorporate an AC adapter option. Battery powered = waste of resources IMO.

I bought one of these for $6. Unless a statue comes with a battery option only, this adapter has worked wonders for me so far. I cannot stand those eyesore long wires and cables. Whenever I want to use the electronic features on a statue for that customary 10 seconds a year, I use this. Definitely recommended and worth having.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #84
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I bought one of these for $6. Unless a statue comes with a battery option only, this adapter has worked wonders for me so far. I cannot stand those eyesore long wires and cables. Whenever I want to use the electronic features on a statue for that customary 10 seconds a year, I use this. Definitely recommended and worth having.

I think exactly the same, that's a great option! Any link to this adapter?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:16 PM   #85
FROBAY
Phoenix

Maul is up at Simply Toys
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #86
adamteo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

mixed up the PO date. luckily managed to order from simplytoys.
adamteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:50 AM   #87
Racetrack

I hope they take on my suggestion to make the front blade removable for both display options to save space for those that need it (and he only uses one blade in that scene).
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #88
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
I hope they take on my suggestion to make the front blade removable for both display options to save space for those that need it (and he only uses one blade in that scene).
As it is, it will just barely fit in my display case but most people don't have really deep display cases so it would be smart to have the front blade removable.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #89
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
I would imagine that both blades would have to be inserted manually. It's like that for every other 1/4 scale Star Wars light-sabered piece I've ever seen.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #90
Racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I would imagine that both blades would have to be inserted manually. It's like that for every other 1/4 scale Star Wars light-sabered piece I've ever seen.
When i mentioned it to them they said you do have to insert them for the prototype it wouldn't be like that for the production piece but then said would look into it as it was a good idea. They would also need something to plug the hole.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote