Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2020, 07:09 AM   #4071
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
New production pics of Faith Bearer Shard up on Sideshows blog, looks like the production version will come with authentic medieval Gingivitis teeth.

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/new-ph...format-figure/
Shard has the kiss of death
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #4072
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Ok so we are getting close to the big week, COTD has been slow this year, but the painters said last week they had a surprise, I have no idea, but I guessing Exraile and possibly Kaylahkyll, which is a very interesting character and got a lot of likes when her art was posted on the COTD Facebook, I also have Shard on the way and next week im gonna pay off Relic Ravlatch, possibly my 2 favorite characters
I'm the opposite. I have Relic arriving today, and one more payment on Shard. I didnt realize she was shipping already. I'm about to go pay her off and hopefully she ships Monday for a Friday next week arrival.

As for the new releases, I agree on Exraile. He's a big time player I cant see them not making. But Kaylahkyll, I disagree. I think Wightshiv gets made first. I think as far as execution of the print, he'd be much easier to pull off.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #4073
Atlantisatdawn

Well I would be really happy with Wightshiv, love the look of that one, I guess with Kaylahkyll I was just thinking a really new surprise character who seems to be popular at least for her look, I would be happy with any of them or others, I just want a couple new premium formats, I'm really excited to see Shard and Relic Ravlatch in person!
Old 07-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #4074
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn068bAF5ik

Unboxing for Faith Bearer Shard.

The face has definitely lost something that the proto had.

I was never interested in a Shard before she came to the court anyway but the face not living up to the proto was everything when it came to this piece.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #4075
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I was never interested in a Shard before she came to the court anyway but the face not living up to the proto was everything when it came to this piece.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #4076
Atlantisatdawn

Her face does look different, I think the lighting is probably different, maybe her eyes or eye color? I'm trying to look at a old picture compared to the new photos, I still love it, I understand people not liking her for the COTD, but again Tom said Shard was his Alice in Wonderland and I believe a human character going to the underworld only makes the story more interesting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300397_press22.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	131802   Click image for larger version

Name:	shard-faith-bearers-fury_court-of-the-dead_gallery_5f10964b91da9.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	131803  
Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #4077
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Havent watched the video yet, but do you feel good with the rest of the sculpt? I suppose I'll plan on repainting my head. That was the plan anyway to give her a lighter hair color and better teeth. But if needed, I'll have them bring some life back to the face and give her a closer look to proto. But if the rest of her is poo, then whats the use?

In other news, Relic came today, but had a few broken pieces. He's super light too. Not that its ever bothered me, actually preferable due to my shelving I'm building. Sculpt is really nice, love the darkness to him. Paints were solid. Just a snapped of shoulder piece as well as the emblem on his helmet snapped off.

I will warn you, putting on that cape is a pain. It almost rivals Death in the arena of pain in the ass to put on and make look nice. I'll either display him without the cape, or slit a hole on the back of it for the shield strap to go through.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #4078
Thor57
Teen Titans

Oh, I thought this was your review haha.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #4079
Atlantisatdawn

Cant wait to see Relic, really a bad feeling when one arrives damaged
Old 07-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #4080
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Her face does look different, I think the lighting is probably different, maybe her eyes or eye color? I'm trying to look at a old picture compared to the new photos, I still love it, I understand people not liking her for the COTD, but again Tom said Shard was his Alice in Wonderland and I believe a human character going to the underworld only makes the story more interesting
I wonder what the storyline description is/will be for why her eyes go from black to red pre and post underworld.