Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #571
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

In their facebook group they can use all the rules they want, it's not a place where to express yourself freely, they want just to be surrounded by brainless costumers without problems, here at least it's a neutral place were we can speak freely.
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #572
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's the same with the F4F group, people get pissed when they enforce rules but they forget Facebook is just another marketing and advertising tool, despite them being called communities...

People get too involved and take things very personal and forget companies like Prime 1 and F4F are just running businesses...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #573
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
In their facebook group they can use all the rules they want, it's not a place where to express yourself freely, they want just to be surrounded by brainless costumers without problems, here at least it's a neutral place were we can speak freely.
Why do you call them "brainless customers"? Like you have access to some universal enlightenment that elevates you above the average Joe.

Perhaps these are just people that understand that this is just a hobby, they have higher priorities in their life, and refuse to waste energy launching an internet crusade over pointles sh*t
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:51 AM   #574
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I always visit the sponsored groups to watch the cult-like behavior of some of the members. Just don’t expect to get any unbiased information from them.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #575
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
...just people that understand that this is just a hobby, they have higher priorities in their life, and refuse to waste energy launching an internet crusade over pointless sh*t...
+1
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #576
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I always visit the sponsored groups to watch the cult-like behavior of some of the members. Just don’t expect to get any unbiased information from them.
Yeah I don’t really participate in those groups for that reason. Having discussions about value and price are important as long as it doesn’t become personal. P1 pieces are some of the best of the best, as well as the priciest of the priciest. Conversations about price and value will naturally arise.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #577
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
What do you mean by "unbiased" information? If you're talking quality issues, that's perhaps, one thing.....but other than that, what do you need? Believe it or not, there's not really much to statue collecting that requires "information"......

And on the point of quality, most purchases are protected.....(unless you send the payment in a Brown envelope).....either directly through the company, or via your Credit card provider....sure, it's a ball ache, but it's there.....

So, in the end, who cares if these company Facebook pages, or user forums are a source of advertising, or an all round circle jerk? If you go in with a clear head, you take out what you need, and the leave the rest behind.......simple really.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #578
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
What do you mean by "unbiased" information? If you're talking quality issues, that's perhaps, one thing.....but other than that, what do you need? Believe it or not, there's not really much to statue collecting that requires "information"......

And on the point of quality, most purchases are protected.....(unless you send the payment in a Brown envelope).....either directly through the company, or via your Credit card provider....sure, it's a ball ache, but it's there.....

So, in the end, who cares if these company Facebook pages, or user forums are a source of advertising, or an all round circle jerk? If you go in with a clear head, you take out what you need, and the leave the rest behind.......simple really.
You will never be informed of quality issues on the groups. I have allowed QC information to sway my purchasing habits many times. You wont see me buying that SS Emma Frost statue. Many cancelled their Prime 1 statues from Sideshow when they got inside information that they could no longer get replacements. I have personally had horrible luck with Prime 1 QC and there seems to be more of us coming out of the woodwork to counter the Prime 1 = perfect statue bandwagon. Something else you wouldn't hear if you were only on Facebook.

ARH looks great on Facebook after they clean up their comments.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #579
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

1/3 batman hush?
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #580
ukshaun
Hercules

..how long before the next wave of news showing new pieces?

Alien Big Chap
Chun-Li

Can't wait to see these
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote