Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #111
Guszilla87
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm probably only going to get a few of these. I collect on all scales, well that I can afford anyway, so I have Joker on order and I'm waiting for a Batman. If the do GL and Flash I'll probably get those too.
In a comment on one of their Facebook posts they confirmed to be working on a Green Lantern and Flash! Also Martian Manhunter!!
Guszilla87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #112
Guszilla87
Doh!

Here's the post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171101-115012.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	109144  
Guszilla87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #113
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guszilla87 View Post
Here's the post
Sweet, if they're done by Matt all the better.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #114
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
I talked to Matt online a little. He basically told me he does Sideshow during the day and freelances nights and weekends. He's been blasting out these Tweeterhead sculpts in his "spare time" and they all look pretty fantastic.
THE DREAM...

lol good for matt, super talented - dudes on fire
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #115
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Did you get out of the 1/4 scale in favor of this line? That's what I did, although I kept my Superman PF since he's my favorite.
Basically. I sold all my Marvel PFs and all my DC sans Harley and Mr. J as they're just a fantastic pair and two of my favorite characters. But yeah, I'm moving away from comic book based PFs for the most part. Mostly due to the real estate they take to display but bigger issue being it's much too difficult to built any sort of diverse character lineup because companies don't dig deep into their catalog on bigger pieces for my tastes. Going forward I'm satisfied with my Bowen collection representing Marvel and for DC it'll be Tweeterhead.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #116
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Basically. I sold all my Marvel PFs and all my DC sans Harley and Mr. J as they're just a fantastic pair and two of my favorite characters. But yeah, I'm moving away from comic book based PFs for the most part. Mostly due to the real estate they take to display but bigger issue being it's much too difficult to built any sort of diverse character lineup because companies don't dig deep into their catalog on bigger pieces for my tastes. Going forward I'm satisfied with my Bowen collection representing Marvel and for DC it'll be Tweeterhead.
Real estate is my issue as well. What happens if Randy Bowen comes back and does DC in 1/6 scale though? That’s my dilemma.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #117
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Real estate is my issue as well. What happens if Randy Bowen comes back and does DC in 1/6 scale though? That’s my dilemma.
As good as some of the Bowen Full sizes were, Tweeterhead seems to be unbeatable at 1/6th in both detail and art direction.

These just seem to be cut above most of the rest I've seen.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #118
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
No dilemma as far as I'm concerned. I have no problem mixing companies in like scale. It's all about the coolest looking rendition of the character and competition is always welcome.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #119
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I feel your frustration with the lack of any diverse character lineup. Speaking as a non-Batman fan, the character choices were definitely a disappointment to me when it comes to PFs, not to mention the boring Captain Morgan poses and I was getting priced out. I'm also hoping Tweeterhead goes deep into the DC catalog for this line.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #120
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
As good as some of the Bowen Full sizes were, Tweeterhead seems to be unbeatable at 1/6th in both detail and art direction.

These just seem to be cut above most of the rest I've seen.
And I would add value for the dollar. Low prices [certainly by today's standards] and low ES's, at least from what we've seen so far from the Classic and 66 Batman collections. They're embarrassing the competition.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote