Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #131
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Absolutely no need for concern over that video guys.

TSC Channel have a huge viewer base, so they are often sent prototypes by XM to show them off. You can see at the beginning of the video that the Maul they are unboxing is not in the usual XM packaging and does not have the XM black box or styro. It's just in a brown box with a piece of paper saying "Darth Maul". I was present for the setup at STGCC and that is how XM packs their prototypes.

The protos don't have the metal rods inside them like the production pieces do, as they are 3D printed rather than cast. So they are commonly unstable, and at conventions they are often held together with putty. The production pieces have also not finished production yet so it's definitely not a production piece.
I hope you go to SDCC this year Sisko, I prefer hearing your accent in the statue reviews over the Radd Titans guys!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:51 AM   #132
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I hope you go to SDCC this year Sisko, I prefer hearing your accent in the statue reviews over the Radd Titans guys!
Really? I always cringe at my accent when I watch my own videos!

That said, it's a dream for me to get to SDCC one year. I won't be able to this year but I'm crossing my fingers for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_Rules View Post
I thought someone said the line was "on hold" after this. Not sure what that means though. They were supposed to be doing a Grievous on his ride.
Last time I spoke with XM about it, the Star Wars license was indeed on hold. They were still planning to release the Luke/Yoda but nothing after that. They were having a lot of trouble trying to engineer Grievous because it was so large, so they weren't sure it would ever be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Wonder if we’ll ever see those Stormtroopers?
I specifically asked them about the Stormtroopers because I was looking forward to them as well, and they said no.

From what I understand, they were having so much trouble getting things approved that they were needing to do endless revisions on every statue. Each revision costs them more money, so this meant that they've made basically no money on the Star Wars line at all. So financially it's not worth it for them to continue.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #133
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In the end for Star Wars statues we have to wait sideshow and iron studios
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #134
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I specifically asked them about the Stormtroopers because I was looking forward to them as well, and they said no.

From what I understand, they were having so much trouble getting things approved that they were needing to do endless revisions on every statue. Each revision costs them more money, so this meant that they've made basically no money on the Star Wars line at all. So financially it's not worth it for them to continue.
Ah... bummer, but I kinda figured they’d been scrapped. Good to know for certain though, so thanks for the reply.

Shame this line didn’t flourish the way it should’ve. Even though the license is technically on “hold” I think it’s pretty clear when you’ve put that much work into a couple statues (Stormtroopers & Grievous) and you’re not even going to release them the line is dead.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #135
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Sad too because I had that Grievous on PO. I heard it was pretty amazing from the people that saw it.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #136
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

That's a bummer. I almost hope they never show the Grievous because it would be disappointing to know what might have been.
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:58 AM   #137
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Sad too because I had that Grievous on PO. I heard it was pretty amazing from the people that saw it.
I saw it at the 2016 STGCC and it was one of the most insanely impressive pieces I've ever seen.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #138
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I am wondering the same than you guys.
Normally they should make Grievous, Yoda and Luke and another ones.
But apparently the SW licence is pending for the time being.
I really hope they will get it back and they will start again to produce awesome SW statues.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #139
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
I am wondering the same than you guys.
Normally they should make Grievous, Yoda and Luke and another ones.
But apparently the SW licence is pending for the time being.
I really hope they will get it back and they will start again to produce awesome SW statues.
I hope they renew that license and make it world wide this time!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:59 PM   #140
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I hope they renew that license and make it world wide this time!
Never happen, not anytime soon, Sideshow has the exclusive 1:4 Star Wars license for North America

From the rumors I've heard Lucasfilms is a pain in the butt to get approval on prototypes... So XM is deciding on whether or not to renew it..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote