Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #391
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
you think filming the delivery of the last 10 ft makes a difference? That box has been thrown, dropped, kicked and flipped 100 times before the final delivery guy even gets his hands on it. It has to be able to withstand far worse than what you described.
Yep, makes a difference, as I have received a partial refund for the delivery person dropping the item. Those 99 times that it has been thrown, dropped, kicked and flipped may not have been caught on video, but all you need is that one capture mate. As far as it withstanding more than that, I do not know what XM does in terms of their testing. Everything that has been said where drop testing, stress testing or temperature testing is just hear say to me. Show us the proof?
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #392
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

These boxes are heavy I don’t know what you guys are talking about nobody is flipping squat at these weights . It gets put on dolly to the door . Period!!!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #393
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
These boxes are heavy I don’t know what you guys are talking about nobody is flipping squat at these weights . It gets put on dolly to the door . Period!!!

It's alright, you don't need to know what we're talking about. It stems from a previous discussion we were having of the importance of having video.

I wish that was the case where they delivered my box right to my step with a dolly. You can't speak for everyone mate.

DHL had contracted another outfit to deliver the XM box to my house and budy grabbed it from his white van and dropped it. Read the previous posts first man.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #394
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Really send the video to XM maybe they can help . So you’re really new here and joined to start bashing an “ outfit “ hired by DHL. When DHL delivers to me and all my deliveries are used DHL ( Sideshow , XM etc ) it’s DHL that delivers it same way every time . So not sure where this is going but .....
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #395
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

I felt real bad when I could not get this. Now I just feel sorry for all the issues you all are having.

I am sorry for all the aggravation you all have to deal with.

For a statue with an open edition and "made to order" mark, it is sad they are not getting to collectors the way they should.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #396
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post
For a statue with an open edition and "made to order" mark, it is sad they are not getting to collectors the way they should.
Open edition means unlimited, that´s not true. The ES was always capped to 999.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #397
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Open edition means unlimited, that´s not true. The ES was always capped to 999.
Sorry, my misuse of the word.

But they were supposedly made to order. Right?
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #398
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post
But they were supposedly made to order. Right?
Right, the ES is 270 after the PO was closed.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #399
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Just viewed a video from youtube and the collector stated that he had an issue with the Sith Speeder piece being warped. I checked mine and I also have a piece that is not aligned. View it from the back.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #400
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Really send the video to XM maybe they can help . So you’re really new here and joined to start bashing an “ outfit “ hired by DHL. When DHL delivers to me and all my deliveries are used DHL ( Sideshow , XM etc ) it’s DHL that delivers it same way every time . So not sure where this is going but .....

Yeah, XM can't do anything, as I live outside Asia and had to order through Spec Shop. Being new has nothing to do with bashing an "outfit" mate. I did not intend to "bash" anyone, as I was just describing my experience with DHL and someone who made a poor decision by lifting a heavy box by hand. Again, read the previous post explaining my intentions of how video is good to have. You buy a new car with a scratch on it when you pick it up and hopefully do an inspection, right? Tell me you won't complain. I appreciate your input, but that's just what it was. Anyway, DHL gave me a partial refund and that is the minimum that I wanted. Case closed.