Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-28-2024, 02:09 AM   #331
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
IMO, this is just as good as the Taskmaster PF.
IMO, Taskmaster is a little better. There's something special about that classic Perez costume he's wearing. Same can't be said about this Deathstroke.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:59 AM   #332
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
IMO, Taskmaster is a little better. There's something special about that classic Perez costume he's wearing. Same can't be said about this Deathstroke.

Yea, you're right . They gave Taskmaster the classic treatment. They should've done the same for Slade. Body sculpt wise is where I think they're the same.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:03 PM   #333
Lugnuts
Birdman

What's with people's obsession with a Perez deathstroke lol. If I had a dollar for every time I read about this on this forum I could buy an island.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 02:05 AM   #334
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
What's with people's obsession with a Perez deathstroke lol. If I had a dollar for every time I read about this on this forum I could buy an island.
What's to understand? Perez created the character and gave him his original classic costume. A costume he wore for decades. Why wouldn't fans of the character not want to see a 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke statue get released?

To be fair, I like this Deathstroke PF. I think it looks really good. However, if I'm a Superman fan, why would I not want a Superman PF in his classic costume? Batman, Spider-man, Captain America, etc....fans would be in an uproar if those characters didn't have a classic 1/4 release already. It shouldn't come as a surprise that hard core Deathstroke fans would like to see a classic Perez Deathstroke PF get released.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 02:57 AM   #335
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
Is it an obsession? Or it’s more like others have a preference you don’t have. And they want a statue that represents their favorite iteration/look of the character.

Especially when spending $700.

Likely because this is sideshow’s 2nd Deathstroke PF in a non classic costume and he’s never had a licensed classic costume 1/4, the requests come across louder. But there’s many statues over the years where people wanted the character done in their classic costume and talked about it on the forum…Magneto PF, various Batmans, almost everything from XM, etc.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:58 AM   #336
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am looking forward to getting my first Deathstroke PF!!

can't wait.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 10:01 AM   #337
bamboo spear
Doh!

I wanted to love that Taskmaster so bad but hate soft goods capes, passionately.
bamboo spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:08 PM   #338
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I also am not the biggest fan of fabric capes but on the Taskmaster, it was very well done. Top notch. And the wire work really allows for some nice moments for posing.

Overall I will always prefer sculpted capes.

If they are sculpted well. The current Batman PF---not a fan of that cape. But that's another story.

In the case of the recent Scarlet With PF.......I am truly happier with her cape being fabric as the space that I have her in would be harder to have the other Avengers around/in front if the cape were not posable as her cape in general would eat up much display space making less space for others.

The same holds true for the recent Magneto Maquette.

Just my thoughts.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:18 PM   #339
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo spear View Post
I wanted to love that Taskmaster so bad but hate soft goods capes, passionately.
I also hate when a perfect statue has a fabric cape.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:29 PM   #340
SONICobra
Batman

ive said it before but someone needs to pony up and do a deathstroke conversion with that taskmaster statue, it wouldnt be too difficult. i wanted to do it but have too many projects going / waiting to be started - but man it would be sweet
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote