Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2021, 09:45 AM   #1131
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Then wipe down carefully to remove small debris before painting over the tips.
Don't you think, this bendable black material (rubber like) is black by itself?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:14 AM   #1132
Python
Omega Red

So I was just looking at the Prime 1 Cracked tusk on Sideshow, it keeps drawing me in and I'm thinking of biting the bullet. But what stands out to me is that Sideshow are asking $313 shipping for it to the UK. That thing is absolutely HUGE! And it's on pre order so they have to ship it from Prime 1, and then half way across the world again to me. So what are Prime 1 doing wrong to have such silly shipping costs? And why aren't they simply listing all of their Predators on Sideshow if Sideshow can still charge realistic shipping prices? Sure Prime 1 will have to pay SSC a cut, but presumably that cut is less than they will lose in cancellations after asking $1k+ shipping on this. And they have plenty of other stuff listed via them already. Seems like a good work around for now maybe....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #1133
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Don't you think, this bendable black material (rubber like) is black by itself?
I really don't know what material they used for the quills, as I don't have it sitting in front of me? They might be rubber or a flexible mixture of resin & pvc most likely? Too early to say. My main concern right now is the insane shipping prices....
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #1134
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post
Mine is showing $198 on my order page. But if I place a new order & checkout it comes up at $828.

Just ridiculous.
I put in a new order today and shipping is quoted less then my original order which is around 238.00 I believe.. The new quote said 220.00

Go the warning about increase shipping also when I was in check out.. Maybe I needed to keep going?
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #1135
JAWS

Economy Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $220.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc

Now I have no idea what all the stuff under it means... I live in the US.. I dont think I have dealt with customs before.. Do we even have it here lol
Old 05-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #1136
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Economy Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $220.00
* The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc

Now I have no idea what all the stuff under it means... I live in the US.. I dont think I have dealt with customs before.. Do we even have it here lol

Out of interest, have you tried adding the city hunter to you cart to see how the shipping cost compares. That is actually processing now so should have a more accurate shipping cost.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #1137
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Out of interest, have you tried adding the city hunter to you cart to see how the shipping cost compares. That is actually processing now so should have a more accurate shipping cost.
This is what pops up with City Hunter... 87.00 for Economy shipping..

So I dont know whats going on... I live in NY FYI.

These are the quotes

Economy Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $87.00
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.

Standard Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $274.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.

The shipping cost is temporary increased due to the current worldwide situation.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #1138
dao2
Cyclops

Well I hope we hear from them about the costs sooner rather then later, we might not because of the holiday though :| I will certainly cancel for the full refund if the price is accurate though, can just get it from a US retailer at a reasonable shipping price.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:30 PM   #1139
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well I hope we hear from them about the costs sooner rather then later, we might not because of the holiday though :| I will certainly cancel for the full refund if the price is accurate though, can just get it from a US retailer at a reasonable shipping price.
Yes, we might have to go that route. It's unfortunate if those ship prices are real
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #1140
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Canceled my big game last week. Still waiting to hear back from them and to process both the Cancellation and refund on my Jungle hunter DX. My city hunter cancellation and refund only took a Day.

This one is taking longer. Guess they are running around right now. No Economy shipping to Canada. Only US. $828 to ship is a BIG Nope for me.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote