Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #1981
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I've always gotten replies to tweeterhead@tweeterhead.com
That’s what I use as well. I got a response about my Muddy Dark Knight needing a replacement cape in about 36 hours a few months ago and just recently I had to change my address on my orders and got a response the next day.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #1982
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
That’s what I use as well. I got a response about my Muddy Dark Knight needing a replacement cape in about 36 hours a few months ago and just recently I had to change my address on my orders and got a response the next day.
Oh yeah, I mean I've caused them all sorts of headaches, and always get replies

- accidentally PO'ed a second green lantern and asked to switch to Cheetah instead
- asked to be put on a waitlist for Darkseid EX
- asked for replacement portrait for damaged Superman maquette
- help set up a transfer of PO from someone else's Darkseid EX to me
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #1983
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, I've contacted them a few times in the past and it always was pretty speedy. This is the first time where it's taken a while longer and I'm a tad bit more impatient this time since I'm trying to get a response before there's a chance the EX is gone (if that hasn't already happened). I guess I should have tried the phone #, but figured the e-mail response would have been quicker than it ended up being.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:33 PM   #1984
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Hopefully you will hear back soon
Since the statue seemed to just ship a few weeks ago hopefully there are still some left. I am not sure what the exclusive came with other than another head but maybe Chad even has extra exclusive pieces that he could send to you. There should be empty spaces in the styrofoam insert that they would fit in. (My Shazam styrofoam insert has an open xtra space for the alternate head that the exclusive come with).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:33 PM   #1985
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The secret of the Double post. Hmmm
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #1986
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Has anyone tried to contact Tweeterhead lately? I'm not sure what is a "normal" response time from them now - it's been a while since I've needed to contact them for anything. Although, even back when I remember people complaining about them being unresponsive, I never had a problem. I think they were always quick to respond when I'd send an e-mail. They sent me the wrong Darkseid statue (REG instead of EX) and I was hoping to get a reply before there aren't any replacements.
I just bumped another thread about this tonight. I’ve been trying to reach them since early last week. I’ve tried tweeterhead@tweeterhead.com, returns@tweeterhead.com, their website email form, and their phone number (which nobody ever answers, and which won’t let you leave a voicemail). So it’s not just you.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:45 PM   #1987
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I just bumped another thread about this tonight. I’ve been trying to reach them since early last week. I’ve tried tweeterhead@tweeterhead.com, returns@tweeterhead.com, their website email form, and their phone number (which nobody ever answers, and which won’t let you leave a voicemail). So it’s not just you.
It took about 4 weeks and a second email before Gwen got back to me, but she did and everything worked out. If I remember right she's not full time. I'd just keep reaching out. You'll get someone at some point. If all else fails, post on the TH fans FB page.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #1988
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Hopefully you will hear back soon
Since the statue seemed to just ship a few weeks ago hopefully there are still some left. I am not sure what the exclusive came with other than another head but maybe Chad even has extra exclusive pieces that he could send to you. There should be empty spaces in the styrofoam insert that they would fit in. (My Shazam styrofoam insert has an open xtra space for the alternate head that the exclusive come with).
This one did not - I opened it just in case the brown shipper was mislabeled, but there was only one head and no hand holding the Superman cape. I didn't see a space where they'd go, either. Unless these are just hidden somewhere and I am totally missing it....

Although, I did just look at a YouTube unboxing video and it looks like most of the EX items come in a separate little box? I might need to double check to be sure I didn't have a second portrait although I am almost positive I did not. I know I was most interested in the cape and it was not there, but if it is shipping in a separate box....

Ok, I did open it and there is a space for the EX head. Empty space, but you're right that it sounds like the styrofoam is the same between the EX and REG. Still, I guess the numbering would be off as well.

Just noticed a thick styrofoam block at the bottom of the box, too, which I guess is where the rest of the EX items would have shown up.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #1989
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
This one did not - I opened it just in case the brown shipper was mislabeled, but there was only one head and no hand holding the Superman cape. I didn't see a space where they'd go, either. Unless these are just hidden somewhere and I am totally missing it....

Although, I did just look at a YouTube unboxing video and it looks like most of the EX items come in a separate little box? I might need to double check to be sure I didn't have a second portrait although I am almost positive I did not. I know I was most interested in the cape and it was not there, but if it is shipping in a separate box....

Ok, I did open it and there is a space for the EX head. Empty space, but you're right that it sounds like the styrofoam is the same between the EX and REG. Still, I guess the numbering would be off as well.

Just noticed a thick styrofoam block at the bottom of the box, too, which I guess is where the rest of the EX items would have shown up.
Yup, the extra box held most of the EX parts (cape hand, mother box hand, and both mother boxes). Both heads are in the main box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_120652.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	139107   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_121730.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	139108  
Old 05-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #1990
SDguy

Shipping Update

Not really sure where to post this.... from TH FB:

"Hi Everyone,

We wanted to give you all an important update in regards to our shipping policies

U.S. CUSTOMERS:

We will be charging a flat rate of $25 for shipping. We know some of you prefer to not have the shipping charged 9 months before the product ships, so as we get close to the time of shipping, Gwen will be sending you an invoice for $25.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS:

As you know, we’ve been working hard to secure the best shipping rates for you all, and international shipping rates are not always advantageous to either side of these transactions.
We opted to only sell our last release (Skeletor Bust) to customers in the U.S. This worked out really well, and we feel great that our wonderful partners at Sideshow can provide a much better shipping rate than we can at this time.
We’ve decided that going forward, all international orders will go through Sideshow.com. We believe you will always get a better shipping rate through their distribution process.
And don't worry: ALL INTERNATIONAL PREORDERS UP TO THIS POINT WILL BE HONORED! (Don't worry Teela and Black Adam fans)
We’ve said it before and we'll say it again: We LOVE our international customers and hope that you will see this as a positive, as we’re just trying to do the best thing to make this affordable and accessible for you all.

-The Tweeterhead Team"