Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Congrats, glad it worked out.
Thanks man. Can't wait!
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:17 AM   #812
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Shipped!

Damn it took forever, and Holy Christ at those shipping rates. But it was expected.

After the third delay had to contact Sideshow though, at first they said they were waiting for Chronicle (which had me in panic), but after some back and forth with the inventory team it turned out they had the stock available to fulfill my order.

Great man !!! Kuddos !!
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #813
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well mate congrats. I don't know how many of these T-Rex pieces were released but I have to say, I love mine its an awesome piece and always gets attention from visitors. I will eventually get the paintwork improved on mine at some point (darker shading) but by god its heavy and a pain in the ass to move. So caution advised but a great great piece and needs room set aside to really show it off. I don't think one can ever get bored of it.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #814
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Well mate congrats. I don't know how many of these T-Rex pieces were released but I have to say, I love mine its an awesome piece and always gets attention from visitors. I will eventually get the paintwork improved on mine at some point (darker shading) but by god its heavy and a pain in the ass to move. So caution advised but a great great piece and needs room set aside to really show it off. I don't think one can ever get bored of it.
Toynami/ECC made the full run of 100. Chronicle got 51 to the US, but only ended up selling about 30 before they went under. Cinemaquette sold their 49 international orders before shipping even, then purchased some back from CC to sell overseas when they liquidated. Sideshow and
a couple others retailers also got a few. It looks like they are now finally sold out everywhere.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:51 PM   #815
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I knew it was going to be a special day when after a week of summer-like weather i woke up with insane winds, cloudy skies and flying debris.. it really set the mood.
Kudos to DHL, they're super expensive but also by far the best i've ever dealt with, not only for the professionalism and lightspeed of the service throughout the whole process, but especially for how they delivered a box which you could swear had an Harley Davidson inside. And no, that's no hyperbole.

The real truble began with their leaving, with a big portion of the family reunited, dusted off vehicles i had never seen before, and out of the box thinking just to move this massive thing next to the house.

And of course things went wrong immediately after i thought the hard part was well behind us. Of course the huge pegs had no intention whatsoever to fit into the base, and of course after telling everyone countless times how people were breaking claws while trying to set up the thing the same happened to me.
Luckily more than broken just detached so i didn't even need to glue it back on, but man.. what an unboxing this was.

And now it's all over.. well, not really since tomorrow we'll have to move it again to put it onto its definitive base, but at least i can now sit back and enjoy the thing, and said thing is so huge it'll take a while.

Thanks to thx217 for providing Chronicle with his female Rex, or none of this would have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkmail View Post
Great man !!! Kuddos !!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Thanks mate, glad to read this after following your journey in this Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Toynami/ECC made the full run of 100. Chronicle got 51 to the US, but only ended up selling about 30 before they went under. Cinemaquette sold their 49 international orders before shipping even, then purchased some back from CC to sell overseas when they liquidated. Sideshow and
a couple others retailers also got a few. It looks like they are now finally sold out everywhere.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Mine is 12, which i thought was really weird for being this late. It also included the COA, surprisingly.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:54 PM   #816
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Your photos remind me of the caged raptors in the opening scene.

Congrats.
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:09 PM   #817
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Your photos remind me of the caged raptors in the opening scene.

Man i felt in that scene for the entire morning.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #818
wayne-m0
The Spirit

the T-Rex is so heavy it wont like being lifted out of the base on the foot pegs. One of mine is loose now after moving it twice and scratching the base a bit as so dammed awkward to move and yup one claw broken and put back. Its set up now, I am not gonna move it again. So once set up, best leave well alone and enjoy it. I had fun breaking down all the packaging too. Hell of a piece with real prescience.. Sure you are going to love it for a long time to come.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #819
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

What an epic unboxing Vick! Love the photos. Congrats on the Rex!
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:12 AM   #820
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Mine is 12, which i thought was really weird after being this late. It also included the COA, surprisingly.
No prob, it's cool to know only about 40 are in the US. The numbers are random so not that surprising about yours being so low.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote