Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #91
Python
Omega Red

I just noticed that the EX is back up for pre order on Sideshow after being sold out for some time. Shipping is $313 to the UK which is even less than the much smaller City hunter via Prime 1 direct. I'm finding myself tempted by this again.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #92
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I just noticed that the EX is back up for pre order on Sideshow after being sold out for some time. Shipping is $313 to the UK which is even less than the much smaller City hunter via Prime 1 direct. I'm finding myself tempted by this again.
I think if you were to hold off on that temptation, this piece will probably go on a discounted sale soon & then be worth pulling the trigger. Just my gut feeling on it...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:34 PM   #93
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I think if you were to hold off on that temptation, this piece will probably go on a discounted sale soon & then be worth pulling the trigger. Just my gut feeling on it...
I don't know, they didn't make all that many in the end. 250 EX and that's the one I'd want. My main arguament for not getting it is that there's probably a Celtic, Wolf & Berserker around the corner. And frankly, I can't afford it all. I guess I could grab one of these and move it on if they do materialise. I don't think this will loose too much value once sold out....
Old 05-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #94
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I don't know, they didn't make all that many in the end. 250 EX and that's the one I'd want. My main arguament for not getting it is that there's probably a Celtic, Wolf & Berserker around the corner. And frankly, I can't afford it all. I guess I could grab one of these and move it on if they do materialise. I don't think this will loose too much value once sold out....
I hear you... You never know? I was thinking about this one for a long time but honestly, I'm afraid of him standing on one leg like that over time? If it ever goes on sale for a couple hundred off, I may take the gamble.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:48 AM   #95
Python
Omega Red

I found these pictures courtesy of Aurelian Han on FB. It looks great to me!

Old 05-02-2021, 08:37 PM   #96
nfl6771
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hello looking to add either this tusk predator from prime 1 or beserker from infinity studio which do yous think looks better
nfl6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #97
pau123
Sailor Moon

Love the pose
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:22 AM   #98
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl6771 View Post
Hello looking to add either this tusk predator from prime 1 or beserker from infinity studio which do yous think looks better

This one by far, and the following is my subjective opinion that you well may disagree with entirely. I actually really like the Berserker as a design. But only when he has his mask on. The Infinity statue is frustrating in a few ways to me. It's a wonderful sculpt, wasted by an awkward pose which makes him look like he's falling over, made expensive by adding the torso of another Predator which is difficult to view without posing the whole thing side on, and it locks out the Berserkers best look by not having a masked up head option. Infinity are a strange entity imo, they create some beautiful sculpts, but their planning sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, there up and coming Jungle hunter for example has a weird and awkward leg pose, and Dutch hidden at the rear where he'll never be seen. Their City hunter was really good though in general, but had a poor mask sculpt. I'm hoping that Prime 1 will make a berserker of their own list it on Sideshow so that we can actually afford it.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #99
Xenoburger

Received my exclusive yesterday.

I'm pleased with the sculpt and I love the pose.

The paint on both the armor and skin is very flat and dry. Much worse paint application than the Fugitive 1/4 scale statue. The Fugitive is also noticeably bigger than cracked-tusk. I think cracked-tusk is closer to 1/5 scale.

The base is an utter disaster. It is about 75% of the whole statue and takes up more space than any statue base I have, except for, maybe, my dog alien. It takes away from the statue itself I'd say, as it's so enormous and expansive. I would have preferred a few stacked, desert rocks or something simple to better appreciate the actual statue.

I haven't taken all of the accessories out of the box yet, but I can see that at least 10 dreads are broken. I would guess quite a bit more are.

I don't think I would purchase this again after seeing it in person. At the same time I don't regret my purchase.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #100
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Received my exclusive yesterday....
The base is an utter disaster. It is about 75% of the whole statue and takes up more space than any statue base I have ...
I haven't taken all of the accessories out of the box yet, but I can see that at least 10 dreads are broken. I would guess quite a bit more are.
I don't think I would purchase this again after seeing it in person. At the same time I don't regret my purchase.
Hi Xeno,
Sorry to hear you also have many broken dreads.
That is main issue with this one and why many ppl hold off buying this statue.

I watched some vids in past if there is posibility to cut the base in size with still good end result.
e.g. top part plus some smaller hoses and leave the large disc in the box. But only possible if you have it in hand.

The reg head with mask is nice. Needs only some slight metalic weathering.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote