Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #31
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
If cardano hit 1k id be moving out of NJ and retiring pretty
Ethereum is expensive to use, and its transaction times suffer from lag. If all goes to plan, many could jump ship from Ethereum over to Cardano. Cardano, once it is fully up and running is supposed to be far cheaper than Ethereum, for those that use Blockchains.

While Ethereum is in the process of upgrading, it appears to be limited, possibly outdated. ADA Cardano has the name of Ethereum Killer. If that day arrives, ADA Cardano should take the no.2 spot behind BitCoin, which would be perfect. There is always the possibility of something else coming along. I hope not.

If Ethereum has reached $3000+ then why shouldn't Cardano? i don't think this is possible, as Cardano has/will have far more coins available. Fewer coins appear to cause prices to rise, like they have with BitCoin. For the moment, i still donot see any real purpose to BitCoin. Cardano's Blockchains have a purpose beyond coins.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:56 AM   #32
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Ethereum is expensive to use, and its transaction times suffer from lag. If all goes to plan, many could jump ship from Ethereum over to Cardano. Cardano, once it is fully up and running is supposed to be far cheaper than Ethereum, for those that use Blockchains.

While Ethereum is in the process of upgrading, it appears to be limited, possibly outdated. ADA Cardano has the name of Ethereum Killer. If that day arrives, ADA Cardano should take the no.2 spot behind BitCoin, which would be perfect. There is always the possibility of something else coming along. I hope not.

If Ethereum has reached $3000+ then why shouldn't Cardano? i don't think this is possible, as Cardano has/will have far more coins available. Fewer coins appear to cause prices to rise, like they have with BitCoin. For the moment, i still donot see any real purpose to BitCoin. Cardano's Blockchains have a purpose beyond coins.

Well we can hope

Then again not everyone is on board yet with crypto but its moving so fast like when the internet came out they cant stop it. So it seems the fiat banks are just going to have to accept it anyway.

Then once more people get their hands on it will be less for people to get it.

But when my aunts and uncles who are in their 80s talking about crypto its wide spread enough that its just moving fast.

Not saying people should dump their life savings into it, but dont let it pass you by just in case.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #33
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Well we can hope

Then again not everyone is on board yet with crypto but its moving so fast like when the internet came out they cant stop it. So it seems the fiat banks are just going to have to accept it anyway.

Then once more people get their hands on it will be less for people to get it.

But when my aunts and uncles who are in their 80s talking about crypto its wide spread enough that its just moving fast.

Not saying people should dump their life savings into it, but dont let it pass you by just in case.
The day Elon Musk dumps a a ton of $$'s on Cardano, will be the day more wake up and follow suit. That will be interesting.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #34
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

What platforms are you guys using to buy Crypto?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #35
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
i have coinbase and the trust wallet.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #36
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Coinbase

Ever want to get in on coinbase ask someone, they have a thing where if you invite a friend and they spend 100 or more on bitcoin you both get $10 in bitcoin for doing it.

Also they have fun quizzes on there where they give out random cryptos just to beef up your wallet
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #37
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Etoro
Old 05-11-2021, 11:07 PM   #38
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I use Gemini. I started buying BTC during the December 2017 and January 2018 frenzy. I bought one at $10K and was not pleased when it tanked to $3200 in December 2018. I continued to buy around $5K to $7500. I also invested in ETC and ADA. I had ICX until Binance kicked US users out in 2019. Anyways, the conclusion is hold that Bitcoin even if it tanks and takes 3 years to go parabolic again. I just went grocery shopping and bought the exact same stuff. It cost me 5% more than it did 3 or 4 weeks ago. Either they'll raise prices or skim on the amount of product. I don't have a lot of confidence in all this money printing.

Quote:
Dogecoin is an out and out joke. Sadly, the time will come when the joke won't be a joke, and some, possibly many will loose out, some in a big way. While some crypto coins serve a purpose, Dogecoin serves none, and its crash might harm the reputation of other Cryptos.
Dogecoin has its uses. You can send it to friends and make payments quickly. If I had it, I could send you millions of dollars worth of Doge and you'd get it in minutes. Try doing that at a bank. Plus it's basically a clone of Bitcoin, so it would be easy for retailers who accept BTC to also accept DOGE. And the kids love it. I wouldn't invest in it long term though. It grew too fast and unnaturally.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:42 AM   #39
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I use Gemini. I started buying BTC during the December 2017 and January 2018 frenzy. I bought one at $10K and was not pleased when it tanked to $3200 in December 2018. I continued to buy around $5K to $7500. I also invested in ETC and ADA. I had ICX until Binance kicked US users out in 2019. Anyways, the conclusion is hold that Bitcoin even if it tanks and takes 3 years to go parabolic again. I just went grocery shopping and bought the exact same stuff. It cost me 5% more than it did 3 or 4 weeks ago. Either they'll raise prices or skim on the amount of product. I don't have a lot of confidence in all this money printing.

Dogecoin has its uses. You can send it to friends and make payments quickly. If I had it, I could send you millions of dollars worth of Doge and you'd get it in minutes. Try doing that at a bank. Plus it's basically a clone of Bitcoin, so it would be easy for retailers who accept BTC to also accept DOGE. And the kids love it. I wouldn't invest in it long term though. It grew too fast and unnaturally.
I assume you read the news. Elon Musk appeared on TV and said Doge is a hussle, causing it's price to tumble. He then did all he could to save the situation by allowing Doge payment to launch 'DOGE-1 mission to the Moon' (what ever than means?), and mentioned Tesla would accept BitCoin. Doge has not performed well since

As i type, ADA Cardano is at $1.80
Old 05-12-2021, 07:36 AM   #40
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I assume you read the news. Elon Musk appeared on TV and said Doge is a hussle, causing it's price to tumble. He then did all he could to save the situation by allowing Doge payment to launch 'DOGE-1 mission to the Moon' (what ever than means?), and mentioned Tesla would accept BitCoin. Doge has not performed well since

As i type, ADA Cardano is at $1.80
Yeah, that's why I said you can use it for payments, but not to invest and hold it since it went too high too quick. I've seen so many coins pump and dump over the years. Also, I never listen to celebrities. Elon is one of those guys who just jumps on hot topics like the Game Stop "stonks" and now Doge. Just a couple of years ago, he was joking about crypto and said he didn't own any.

Quote:
ADA Cardano is currently experiencing an up swing. I'm back in the profit
Better news still, the current price of $1.71 could keep going to $2.50 or $3.00 ..i doubt $3.00 will happen just yet. Who knows?
$3 is reasonable this market cycle. Possibly $10 in a few years. People on youtube will tell you $100+ but that is out of the question.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote