Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #491
sparda
The Avengers

In my opinion ES mattered back in the day when a certain character wasn't done to death. Only about ten years ago, SSC's batman as the only official licensed 1/4 bats you could get.

By now the character has been done in so many different versions, in all different scales, ES is far less of a factor. If a lower ES would lead to a higher price on the aftermarket, you could always just pick another rendition of the character at a lower price. As for the ease to sell a piece on the aftermarket, it has never been as flooded with pieces (both licensed and custom) so it's become the exception rather than rule for a piece to sell quickly.

In conclusion, IMO, ES no longer plays a value. (most of the time at least.)
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #492
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
In my opinion ES mattered back in the day when a certain character wasn't done to death. Only about ten years ago, SSC's batman as the only official licensed 1/4 bats you could get.

By now the character has been done in so many different versions, in all different scales, ES is far less of a factor. If a lower ES would lead to a higher price on the aftermarket, you could always just pick another rendition of the character at a lower price. As for the ease to sell a piece on the aftermarket, it has never been as flooded with pieces (both licensed and custom) so it's become the exception rather than rule for a piece to sell quickly.

In conclusion, IMO, ES no longer plays a value. (most of the time at least.)
while i hear and understand what you are saying...i don't agree with it.

YES there are more options than ever, no doubt! but with all of the customs and other Batman statues out there, none compare to this. so if i want THIS ONE specifically, i'm not going to be satisfied going out and getting another just because there are more readily available.

For example: i passed on the Iron Studios Batman vs Bane statue. i said to myself i'll just get the Tweeterhead 1/6 Blue Batman maquette and my Iron Studios Blue Batman itch will be scratched...WRONG. I would up having to hunt down the Iron Studios piece and pay close to 2X the MSRP, why because for me nothing else compared or could substitute that piece IMO. you know why i had to pay a lot more for the piece? because it was hard to find and not available anywhere near retail...why? because it's a killer sculpt that is highly desirable and sought after influenced by its edition size being limited to 400.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #493
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I decided to pass on this one and gamble that a black version might be released...and maybe then I'll think of how to upgrade the background with a batcomputer setup or something
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:06 AM   #494
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
I decided to pass on this one and gamble that a black version might be released...and maybe then I'll think of how to upgrade the background with a batcomputer setup or something
You do know that if they come out with a black edition, they are going to give you less swap outs. They did that to the other crouching Batman, so essentially you paying more for less.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #495
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
I think they will come out with a black version, if they don't it would be leaving money on the table.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #496
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
I think they will come out with a black version, if they don't it would be leaving money on the table.
When/if they do, I hope the computer screen is not on the base.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:04 PM   #497
Megatage
Frackin!

I ordered two so I can display one with the mask and one without it.
Megatage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:31 AM   #498
Cnote187
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatage View Post
I ordered two so I can display one with the mask and one without it.
Do you think this will ship in November?
Cnote187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:09 AM   #499
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote187 View Post
Do you think this will ship in November?
No. Prime 1 Studio got too much on their plate. They always do this and always delay on their releases for 6 addition months. I wouldn't expect to see this production statue till next year if their are no QC issues.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:42 AM   #500
Royalguard
The Avengers

Still haven’t seen the delay email for this yet. I’m expecting it anyway now...
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote