Apirl 16th
Damn. I need this now.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #12
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Reptile looked to be in the trailer and Shao Khan statue is there, probably saving him for the sequel.

No clue why Cage isn't there.
yea I noticed the Zaterran, I hope thats not supposed to be Reptile though and is actually another of his race, if it is Reptile he looks like really bad

The Shao Kahn statue was cool to see, they took his look almost right from MK11, but if its only a statue and he doesnt actually show up that would kinda suck unless like you said they're saving him for the sequel which would be cool too

Johnny being MIA is the biggest wtf for me though, I dont know what they were thinking with that one. He was the best part of the original movie and the only character from the original game roster not to be in this movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #13
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I'll watch this. Looks like a great time
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
yea I noticed the Zaterran, I hope thats not supposed to be Reptile though and is actually another of his race, if it is Reptile he looks like really bad

The Shao Kahn statue was cool to see, they took his look almost right from MK11, but if its only a statue and he doesnt actually show up that would kinda suck unless like you said they're saving him for the sequel which would be cool too

Johnny being MIA is the biggest wtf for me though, I dont know what they were thinking with that one. He was the best part of the original movie and the only character from the original game roster not to be in this movie
Looks better than 1990s movie version. I would like to see him in an outfit and appearance like I remember from those early games.

Khan wasn't in the original film and let Shang Tsung shine as the antagonist. Don't want it to be too busy with Goro likely being the muscle.

I'll give it a chance and with such a robust roster gives them plenty to do in a "Mortal Kombat 2"
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #15
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Looks better than 1990s movie version. I would like to see him in an outfit and appearance like I remember from those early games.

Khan wasn't in the original film and let Shang Tsung shine as the antagonist. Don't want it to be too busy with Goro likely being the muscle.

I'll give it a chance and with such a robust roster gives them plenty to do in a "Mortal Kombat 2"
you're talking about Reptile looking better in this movie as opposed to the original? that boils down to the age old MK debate of whats better ninja/human Reptile or lizard Reptile, I've always preferred the mystery of the Reptile hiding under the human appearance, only showing his true form from time to time, the giant Lizard creature look for me is something I wish could be erased from existence, I've hated it since it first appeared in MK: Deadly Alliance. I think Reptile looked great in the original movie in his ninja form, but if you're referring to the 90's CG lizard version yes that was pretty bad, but probably the best they could do at the time.

yes Kahn only had a brief cameo at the end of the original MK movie, so I see what you're saying. It also follows the games with Shang being the boss in MK1 and then Shao showing up in the sequel, so this is probably for the best, at least Shao has a presence which is cool, and Reiko will be representing him from the looks of it

but yes im excited and I hope it turns out well and there is a sequel, seems to me the stuff I'd like to see most (Johnny Cage, Shao Kahn as villain) will be a shoe-in for the sequel if it happens
Old 02-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #16
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The first one was an admirable attempt, and still remains one of the better video game movies...but that's saying very little. I don't have much nostalgia blinding me for it, aside from the music, which I thought I heard remixed in the background of the trailer? If so, good.

This looks like it could be decent. My only complaint so far is the newcomer (intended to be the audience surrogate), and the overused trope "throughout history different cultures reference a tournament" lol No they don't. Guess you can say anything these days.

But I like the casting so far.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #17
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
you're talking about Reptile looking better in this movie as opposed to the original? that boils down to the age old MK debate of whats better ninja/human Reptile or lizard Reptile, I've always preferred the mystery of the Reptile hiding under the human appearance, only showing his true form from time to time, the giant Lizard creature look for me is something I wish could be erased from existence, I've hated it since it first appeared in MK: Deadly Alliance. I think Reptile looked great in the original movie in his ninja form, but if you're referring to the 90's CG lizard version yes that was pretty bad, but probably the best they could do at the time.
Yes, largely because 20 years of special effects progression.

I prefer ninja with reptile underneath.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:45 PM   #18
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I prefer ninja with reptile underneath.

I hope this gets a bluray release, as im still unable to get HBO Max, between this and JL:Snyder cut, its really starting to sting lol
Old 02-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #19
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Since I have it free on HBO Max, I will give it a watch.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:59 AM   #20
off
The X-Men

I hope the include the dance club music Mortal Kombat song from the first movie.
off is offline   Reply With Quote