Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #21
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Got my Pyro today. Looks great! Here is some quick pictures. It seems the brown shipping boxes keep getting smaller and smaller ha. I know the statue itself is less than 3 lbs, so I guess they aren't worried about damage during shipping. Seems strange because they have to be saving money by reducing packaging costs and yet statue pricing keeps going up.

The art boxes do look BEAUTIFUL tho! IS has definitely mastered the design and gloss spotting to make it pop.

Only thing I'm not sure of, and perhaps someone who has Pyro can check theirs, but mine seems to have a hole in the top of the hair towards the front. You can see it in the pictures I posted. Is this normal or did I just get an odd one?

Also bonus sidenote, my Colossus also shipped finally from IS, so hoping to have him next Thursday I believe.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #22
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Nice. Still no word on mine. Hope Spec Fic gets Pyro in next week. Next time I'll only get IS pieces from him that are in stock.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:18 AM   #23
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Only thing I'm not sure of, and perhaps someone who has Pyro can check theirs, but mine seems to have a hole in the top of the hair towards the front. You can see it in the pictures I posted. Is this normal or did I just get an odd one?
Mine does not have that hole.
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:11 AM   #24
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for posting these pictures Infinite Glory; I think Pyro looks great!
I gave in and ordered the following statues from these series for my collection:
Omega Red
Bishop
Pyro
Silver Samurai
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

I do not have much room at home in my display room anymore but since these statues are 1/10th scale I think I should manage to find a nice spot for each of them.

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:27 PM   #25
Tushar
Hellboy

There'd be maybe 50 X-characters above Pyro on my favorites list, but damn that statue looks gorgeous.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #26
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
Mine does not have that hole.
Thanks for confirming. I reached out to Sideshow to see what they can do. I’ve ordered lots from Sideshow but thankfully have never had an issue till now. Customer service I’ve heard is pretty good and quick at fixing issues. Can’t say the same for Iron Studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Thanks for posting these pictures Infinite Glory; I think Pyro looks great!
I gave in and ordered the following statues from these series for my collection:
Omega Red
Bishop
Pyro
Silver Samurai
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

I do not have much room at home in my display room anymore but since these statues are 1/10th scale I think I should manage to find a nice spot for each of them.

Rainer
Rainer looks like you are joining the dark side with this collection ha. Those you listed are wonderful choices and all are going to look great if they match the prototype!
Old 04-18-2021, 11:44 PM   #27
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Pyro turned out really great! The villains all look much better design and sculpt-wise overall.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #28
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Pyro turned out really great! The villains all look much better design and sculpt-wise overall.
I think this is because most of the villains are proximity pieces, with the exception of Magneto who has an awesome pose. All of the heroes so far have been part of the Sentinel display, so their poses where made to fit the diorama. They look awkward on their own (Wolverine, Rogue, Beast). I didn't mind Cyclops as an individual piece he looked ok.

I think moving forward when the hero proximity pieces come out, they will look very good as well. Looking forward to getting my hands on Colossus this week to see for myself if he looks good in person.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #29
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Rainer looks like you are joining the dark side with this collection ha. Those you listed are wonderful choices and all are going to look great if they match the prototype!

LOL!

Thanks Infinite Glory,
I like the 1/10 Juggernaut from Iron Studios a lot (truly an amazing piece) and am looking forward to these other statues.
I considered getting more pieces like the Nightcrawler statue but since available space is a rare commodity at home, I had to hold my horses.
I can only hope I will not regret this decision once these statues have been sold out...

Ah well, you cannot always have everything you would like to have, right?

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:00 PM   #30
Infinite GLORY

Got an update today from Sideshow on my Pyro with the hole in his head (hair) lol. They said they are shipping me a replacement free of charge and I can either keep or discard the current one I have. Why on earth would I just throw away a basically perfectly good statue lol. Not that I want 2 Pyro's.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are in the US and interested in Pyro, and don't mind the small hole on his head, PM me and I would sell him for significantly cheaper than retail. Plus I'll cover shipping. Given this depends on waiting a bit for me to receive the new one and make sure everything is cool.