Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #27121
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Terminator: Dark Fate - 4/10 - Just...why?
did you finish it? i had to turn it off
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #27122
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I have never someone piss on their legacy/franchise the way James Cameron did with this movie.
Avatar warped his once glorious mind.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #27123
statman
Baron Zemo

Terminator: Dark Fate - 3/10

Best thing I can say about this is that I didn't fall asleep.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #27124
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
He went from George Brett to Bob Uecker practically over night.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #27125
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Midsommar: Director's Cut (2019) - I finally got my hands on a physical copy of the elusive directors cut of this movie, had to get it from South Korea lol but as far as I know the Director's Cut was never physically released in North America except in one sold out version recently released directly from studio A24 but that one is way too expensive on the aftermarket. The Directors cut made an already amazing movie even better, it fleshed out the story and filled in some gaps while never holding back the flow or pace of the movie, and it gave even more insight to the people at the colony and their traditions which was really interesting to see.

This is a movie I can watch again and again and never get sick of, I love that its horror but it all takes place during the day (except for one scene in the directors cut which is a night ceremony) I find this movie to be really engrossing and captivating, the writing is sharp, the cinematography is beautiful, the sets were all very well done, and the story was so unique there is really no other movie like this one that I've seen, closest would be the Wicker Man with Christopher Lee. I've never seen a movie that looked so beautiful while being so eerie and horrific at the same time. I cant recommend this movie enough, its an assault on all the senses and it will leave you thinking and pondering about the movie for days after. After Robert Eggers (The Witch, The Lighthouse) Ari Aster is definitely my favorite new horror director (he also did Hereditary) - 10/10

Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #27126
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

-double post-
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #27127
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Avatar is probably my least Fav movie of his (Before dark fate dropped) and possibly by least fav sci fi movie. I don’t understand the fuss around that movie. I really need to watch it again to make sure though.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:41 PM   #27128
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
did you finish it? i had to turn it off
I did, the premise is just ridiculous. They need to just leave the first two films alone and move on.

Spoiler
I did like the idea of an augmented human, but only because it lends itself to a cyber punkesque future, which should have been saved for a different movie. Even the woman who plays Grace would have been perfect in a different dystopian film where she's augmented.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #27129
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Midsommar: Director's Cut (2019) - I finally got my hands on a physical copy of the elusive directors cut of this movie, had to get it from South Korea lol but as far as I know the Director's Cut was never physically released in North America except in one sold out version recently released directly from studio A24 but that one is way too expensive on the aftermarket. The Directors cut made an already amazing movie even better, it fleshed out the story and filled in some gaps while never holding back the flow or pace of the movie, and it gave even more insight to the people at the colony and their traditions which was really interesting to see.

This is a movie I can watch again and again and never get sick of, I love that its horror but it all takes place during the day (except for one scene in the directors cut which is a night ceremony) I find this movie to be really engrossing and captivating, the writing is sharp, the cinematography is beautiful, the sets were all very well done, and the story was so unique there is really no other movie like this one that I've seen, closest would be the Wicker Man with Christopher Lee. I've never seen a movie that looked so beautiful while being so eerie and horrific at the same time. I cant recommend this movie enough, its an assault on all the senses and it will leave you thinking and pondering about the movie for days after. After Robert Eggers (The Witch, The Lighthouse) Ari Aster is definitely my favorite new horror director (he also did Hereditary) - 10/10
I agree with everything you said except...I actually slightly prefer the tighter theatrical cut.

I used to have the U.K. Blu-ray with both versions, but traded it for the Japanese 4K deluxe edition since that is the only release which has an English-friendly 4K version of my preferred cut--and the packaging is really nice as well of course. Although if A24 ever rereleased the director's cut in 4K at an affordable price, I'd get that too since that cut is only in HD on the Japanese 4K release. That's how much I love this movie.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:16 PM   #27130
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Coco (2017) - Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.

An obvious choice with which to start the month of November. It's better watching with the Spanish-language audio track and English subtitles. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote