Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-14-2023, 09:26 AM   #131
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Some of the intense scenes with failing flashlights or having to leave Ellie behind because she can't swim and you need to create some method around would have been cool. They only mentioned once Ellie can't swim, which was a bigger deal in the game.

In the finale I did smile when we finally got a "boost to drop a ladder" moment.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:47 PM   #132
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yeah, they originally ordered 12 then cut it down to 9
With the success of this season, hopefully we get a few more eps next time. It's great to hear the showrunners confirmed it will take multiple seasons to cover the 2nd game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
In the finale I did smile when we finally got a "boost to drop a ladder" moment.
And she literally drops the ladder...Hey, a giraffe!
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:53 PM   #133
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
And she literally drops the ladder...Hey, a giraffe!
Still not sure how she saw a Giraffe within a second of going to get the ladder.....up stairs, around a stairwell...on the other side of the building!

Joel had no idea what she was even running too, because he was not able see it until he was on the other side of the building and up the stairs. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 05:52 PM   #134
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
With the success of this season, hopefully we get a few more eps next time. It's great to hear the showrunners confirmed it will take multiple seasons to cover the 2nd game.
I definitely think they'll add more seeing as it was a success. Druckmann came out today saying they'll add more creatures in season 2 and sort of apologized for not realizing people wanted to see more clickers etc.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the...on-1235546747/

https://collider.com/last-of-us-seas...cted-comments/
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:01 PM   #135
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I finished the season and I'd give it a solid 7/10. Needed more clickers and boss fights but the show is definitely one of the better video game adaptations out there.

Quote:
I definitely think they'll add more seeing as it was a success. Druckmann came out today saying they'll add more creatures in season 2 and sort of apologized for not realizing people wanted to see more clickers etc.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the...on-1235546747/

https://collider.com/last-of-us-seas...cted-comments/
Yeah, we totally wanted more romance and less mushroom zombies in a zombie show. Especially after 12 episodes were cut down to 9. He knows what he's doing. Oops, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to shut youtube channels down for disliking the sequel game. Always an accident with these people.
Well now that the show is a hit, I figure they have no excuses to spend a few bucks on some boss fights for season 2.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:29 PM   #136
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Some random thoughts. I wonder how they’re going to deal with Nora in 2. In case anyone forgot she’s one of Abby’s friends that Ellie confronts at ground zero who goads Ellie into a showdown that results in Ellie chasing her into a spore infested area then beat the ever living crap out of her with a pipe. This was one of my favorite parts of the game but with the show doing away with the spore ingestion wonder what they’ll do.

I also hope the Rat King (clicker mass) from ground zero makes it in too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:26 PM   #137
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I'm curious if they really plan to take Joel golfing or if they'll switch things up and sacrifice Tommy instead.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:51 AM   #138
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

10/10 for me!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 08:09 AM   #139
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Some random thoughts. I wonder how they?re going to deal with Nora in 2. In case anyone forgot she?s one of Abby?s friends that Ellie confronts at ground zero who goads Ellie into a showdown that results in Ellie chasing her into a spore infested area then beat the ever living crap out of her with a pipe. This was one of my favorite parts of the game but with the show doing away with the spore ingestion wonder what they?ll do.

I also hope the Rat King (clicker mass) from ground zero makes it in too.
You're working off the assumption that people have played the game and know this happens in the first place. There are lots of posters in here that haven't played the game or read up on it.

That being said, I'm betting the creators will figure out a way to incorporate more infected and those grittier scenes into the show next season.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:17 AM   #140
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Still not sure how she saw a Giraffe within a second of going to get the ladder.....up stairs, around a stairwell...on the other side of the building!

Joel had no idea what she was even running too, because he was not able see it until he was on the other side of the building and up the stairs. LOL
Yeah that was strange. They could have done 'the drop', when Joel was about ready to start climbing.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote