Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #601
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ Now, if we could only get Rogue in Jnco Jeans to complement.
Mr. Shoosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:41 PM   #602
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Regardless of how nostalgic you feel about it, or how popular it may be due to the animated series, there is no denying it's a very dated and arguably unattractive/ugly outfit, especially compared to most of her other looks.

And hey, I loved Dynasty growing up!
Almost all members are dated. Gambit, Cyclops, Jean, Gambit....etc. The pinnacle of any superhero team!! We know some of you hate Jim Lee. Duly noted, move on. Its happening one way or another. Accept or avoid this altogether. I got respect for you guys, but man the complaining is getting tired. No one should ever block/ignore someone on this forum.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #603
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Almost all members are dated. Gambit, Cyclops, Jean, Gambit....etc. The pinnacle of any superhero team!! We know some of you hate Jim Lee. Duly noted, move on. Its happening one way or another. Accept or avoid this altogether. I got respect for you guys, but man the complaining is getting tired. No one should ever block/ignore someone on this forum.
Not sure why you quoted me on this... I've maybe said something about this costume twice ever on this forum?

As someone recently pointed out to me, this forum is 98% speculation, complaints, or compliments. So I don't think anyone needs to be told to move on... about anything. Not on this forum, anyway.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #604
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Well, the outfit is ugly so why not have ugly hair to go with it?
Spot on, sir. Spot on.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #605
dechirico7
The Flash

I want this...

I grew up during the Jim Lee books, used to love the costume designs. But I agree with others, it is time to move on. Most costume designs are going beyond the dated spandex. White/ silver spandex with shoulder pads hasn't been cool for a long, long, long time.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:12 PM   #606
Peedi
The Secret Six

This isn’t directed towards any particular person at all but what we’re NOT going to do is drown out (!) this Storm thread with any animosity. This is positive Storm space. We all know we hate and love particular costumes and won’t agree. As cool as Demona is and our shared love for Storm, I know her favorite look is my most hated look. And it’s still all good. Hopefully with Lee costume done by XM and SS we can get more and different looks down the line and we can pick and choose which ones we want as they become available.

Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #607
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This isn’t directed towards any particular person at all but what we’re NOT going to do is drown out (!) this Storm thread with any animosity. This is positive Storm space. We all know we hate and love particular costumes and won’t agree. As cool as Demona is and our shared love for Storm, I know her favorite look is my most hated look. And it’s still all good. Hopefully with Lee costume done by XM and SS we can get more and different looks down the line and we can pick and choose which ones we want as they become available.

I think I still like the modified version of this one a little better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070617_1232_WhyDoSoMany1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	137289  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #608
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I think I still like the modified version of this one a little better.
Agreed, that's one of her best!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #609
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ Now, if we could only get Rogue in Jnco Jeans to complement.

You don't know how much I appreciate this comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I want to go on record as saying that I don't hate Jim Lee. He's a good guy and he's had a ton of awesome ideas/designs. But nobody is perfect. To me, his Storm design was a fun temporary look that through circumstance was spread further than it should have. It's terribly dated and gets uglier with each passing decade (IMHO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
AlexLothos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #610
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Not sure why you quoted me on this... I've maybe said something about this costume twice ever on this forum?

As someone recently pointed out to me, this forum is 98% speculation, complaints, or compliments. So I don't think anyone needs to be told to move on... about anything. Not on this forum, anyway.
It's was meant for all the weekly mud slingers. Didn't mean to single you out, but your last post adds water to the dirt. It's healthy to move on. Face it fellas, Storm's peak was the Jim Lee era. The vast majority will let you know that daily. I value yr opinions but after the first few grumbles it comes off bad. Im bitter as hell I didn't order the XM Storm.

You guys can always throw in on a custom. I understand the passion. I'd be in line for a Bryne Storm.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote