Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #111
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I am a sucker for Storm in black, so I did put down a deposit. The 75 ES and the fact that I HATE the white version, kinda pushed me to do so vs. waiting.

I still don't love it, but the white base with the black costume and the optional lightning helps a bit. I think IF I keep my order and actually get her, I will need her eyes repainted white and some shading added to her hair.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:14 PM   #112
Peedi
The Secret Six

I PO’d because I love Storm. There’s only a handful of characters I’d get in 1/3, she’s one of them. And I’ll still see what the LBS XM is all about.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #113
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
So will the platinum EX sell out, or remain available like Blade and Robocop?
Probably eventually? If it were 75 of a 1/4 then it’d probably be gone now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:44 PM   #114
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Man, just looking at the pics ....I find myself hesitating. That means I'm not 100% sold on getting this 1/3 ...even though I think it looks great.

It's a pass for now ...unless my mood changes.
Probably smart.

My hesitation has nothing to do with the costume. It's all in the pose, which I couldn't get a full handle on before with just the one photo.
No offense to the artist here, but someone like a Harbottle would have understood the subtle tweaks and adjustments to make her standing there look natural instead of merely "posed". It's serviceable in that regard, but nothing beyond that (IMO, obviously).

The piece as a whole still ticks off a lot of other boxes that I may never see with another 1/3 Storm- compact, lighter weight, attractive portrait, reasonable price- which is why I'm still considering it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:51 PM   #115
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I am a sucker for Storm in black, so I did put down a deposit. The 75 ES and the fact that I HATE the white version, kinda pushed me to do so vs. waiting.

I still don't love it, but the white base with the black costume and the optional lightning helps a bit. I think IF I keep my order and actually get her, I will need her eyes repainted white and some shading added to her hair.
If the white was the variant, low ES I could have waited til the statue was being shipped. At 75 and the superior color scheme I just had to drop the deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I PO?d because I love Storm. There?s only a handful of characters I?d get in 1/3, she?s one of them. And I?ll still see what the LBS XM is all about.
You and me, Peedi. Riding that sweet Storm high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Probably smart.

My hesitation has nothing to do with the costume. It's all in the pose, which I couldn't get a full handle on before with just the one photo.
No offense to the artist here, but someone like a Harbottle would have understood the subtle tweaks and adjustments to make her standing there look natural instead of merely "posed". It's serviceable in that regard, but nothing beyond that.

The piece as a whole still ticks off a lot of other boxes that I may never see with another 1/3 Storm- compact, lighter weight, attractive portrait, reasonable price.
A black, off the shoulder pants suit is never gonna be done by anybody else. That was one of my biggest reasons to order. The more model, young body type is also different enough to justify the price. A little over a grand for this size, but not wild hideous base is a win for me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:52 PM   #116
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If the white was the variant, low ES I could have waited til the statue was being shipped. At 75 and the superior color scheme I just had to drop the deposit.
Oh, absolutely. If the white was the super limited one and the black was TBD, I would wait until she was released to see how they turned out.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The white is so ugly. Just an overkill of white. And then the tiara is light color and with her white hair its just too much with no real depth.

Maybe it looks better in person? But I aint gonna be the one to find out.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #118
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The white is so ugly. Just an overkill of white. And then the tiara is light color and with her white hair its just too much with no real depth.

Maybe it looks better in person? But I aint gonna be the one to find out.
Yeah, I literally hate the white one. White base, white hair, stark white costume. It's not even pearlized. Just yuck. Then on top of that, the tiara isn't even gold, but a light silver.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:01 PM   #119
pdenham
Teen Titans

My favorite Storm figure is still the cheapest and smallest

If only this could have been 1/3...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STL174276_2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	163078  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:07 PM   #120
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
My favorite Storm figure is still the cheapest and smallest

If only this could have been 1/3...
Can't beat simple classics. Wish companies like LSB would believe.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote