Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #481
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
That's a problem in itself, especially when folks on this forum instantly trash a piece just cause it wasn't exactly like they wanted. There's few statues that don't get the typical "hard pass, epic fail, fabric anything is instant no, to modern fail, not classic fail, the foot position kills the whole piece fail, piece looks like my mom fail". Then half come around at the end, and PO anyway.
Does that really mean anything? Does anyone spend north of 500-600 on a piece, or not, based on what random people on a forum say. God I hope not LOL.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #482
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Does that really mean anything? Does anyone spend north of 500-600 on a piece, or not, based on what random people on a forum say. God I hope not LOL.
More pointing out how people want different things, on top of not giving very constructive feedback. Probably why sideshow doesn't take any of it. But we also want sideshow to pay attention to this forum to hear what people who buy statues are saying.

As for the individual, i'm sure some folks get convinced by this forum. As they do by watching youtube reviewers opinions on pieces.

I like seeing others opinions, but usually made up my mind before I even look at these threads.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #483
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It shouldn't mean anything but it probably does matter quite a bit. Herd mentality and all that.

I'm sure it matters at the pre-order stage when people are paying the most attention. That's why you'll often see opinions gradually change once a piece ships and people are onto the next thing. Pieces that are trashed at the pre-order stage find homes and all of a sudden that piece no one wanted becomes impossible to find. We've seen it countless times. Because you can't fully judge a piece until it's in front of you.

Veteran collectors are better at avoiding this, but people are for sure influenced by whatever the popular sentiment is.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #484
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
It shouldn't mean anything but it probably does matter quite a bit. Herd mentality and all that.

I'm sure it matters at the pre-order stage when people are paying the most attention. That's why you'll often see opinions gradually change once a piece ships and people are onto the next thing. Pieces that are trashed at the pre-order stage find homes and all of a sudden that piece no one wanted becomes impossible to find. We've seen it countless times. Because you can't fully judge a piece until it's in front of you.

Veteran collectors are better at avoiding this, but people are for sure influenced by whatever the popular sentiment is.

Completely agree. But sadly, by the time people come around, the damage has been done, and the bs lingers for way to long. The result is pretty good work languishing in the warehouse, with SS scratching their heads, and stalling the process.

I feel that overall SS is presently doing their best work, on a very consistent basis. As I have never bought/sought so many statues at the same time ever before.

I’m going to support these guys, even when they fck-up with some offerings, because overall, I’m really digging the goods.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #485
SDguy

Quote:
More pointing out how people want different things, on top of not giving very constructive feedback.
Yeah I agree with that.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #486
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Because you can't fully judge a piece until it's in front of you.

For sure, this is why I always liked going to SDCC to see pieces in person. But usually trust that sideshow had a good reason to go with there choice. Even folks said the piece was boring. When they are big teams not every piece needs to be crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Completely agree. But sadly, by the time people come around, the damage has been done, and the bs lingers for way to long. The result is pretty good work languishing in the warehouse, with SS scratching their heads, and stalling the process.

I feel that overall SS is presently doing their best work, on a very consistent basis. As I have never bought/sought so many statues at the same time ever before.

I’m going to support these guys, even when they fck-up with some offerings, because overall, I’m really digging the goods.
Ya sideshow is gonna fudge it with things here and there. But having owned XM statues to, I feel most XM statues fall flat over time, but sometimes gain more attention cause there more dynamic than SS. But they make to many statues wide, awkward, off putting modernized looks. But that's just my opinion, I know XM folks feel they get more with XM.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #487
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The XM pieces I have blow away sideshow

Black Panther
Hulkbuster
Scorpion
Vulture
Namor
Batman samurai

To name a few but I also like my sideshow Galactus bust , Thor BOB , mr freeze . Certain pieces for me just do it and it doesn’t matter who makes it as long as I like it

Sideshows best line are Bat Rogues by far amd I wish I had the space I’d buy them all . Nobody has come close
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #488
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Certain pieces for me just do it and it doesn’t matter who makes it as long as I like it
Agree with this to, I have XM Dark Phoenix one of there best pieces. Just saying SS for the most part do it for me. Sometimes you just go with whoever did the best version.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #489
SDguy

Quote:
Maybe in this bubble of a forum, but I think it's likely less than you think.

More than likely it appears that way because no one feels like getting ---- on by posting a pic of something they like/enjoy because the herd mentality has decided it sucks.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #490
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Agree with this to, I have XM Dark Phoenix one of there best pieces. Just saying SS for the most part do it for me. Sometimes you just go with whoever did the best version.
Ghost Rider was my first XM purchase. It is a “Rolls Royce” of a statue.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote