Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #11
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The trailer is so bad. Like, really really bad. They made Venom a joke.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #12
adee
Green Arrow

I didn’t care for the first one. I thought maybe Woody could help save it and it wouldn’t be so campy but looks like they decided to go in another direction. I’ll see it eventually but not high on my list.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
The trailer is so bad. Like, really really bad. They made Venom a joke.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:57 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Come on guys, there was comedy rutin between Eddy and Venom in the first film and general audience really well received the film. I also liked it even if i know what the true venom is, The Film was fun.

Yeah, Venom is not scary like he's suppose to be but think about the film as its own thing, an independent film from the comics, i mean there wasn't even Spider-Man in the first film to begin with... How loyal a Venom adaptation to be to the comics when there isn't even a Spider-Man in The First Film... If there was a Spider-Man and Venom wasn't terorising Spider-Man than it's a deffirent case but no Spider-Man so they can go whatever direction they want with The Films as far as i'm conserned.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #15
SONICobra
Batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo

new trailer, more of the same. i honestly feel like hardy and sony are trolling venom and comic book fans in general
Old 08-02-2021, 07:45 PM   #16
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo

new trailer, more of the same. i honestly feel like hardy and sony are trolling venom and comic book fans in general
Yes, this looks bad IMO. Why is Venom now a comedian? And the special effects in the trailer didn't help matters. Seriously, the CW superhero shows have better effects.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:23 PM   #17
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm not into the comedy aspect or the symbiote's voice. It's too silly. Carnage looks sick though.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #18
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Come on guys, there was comedy rutin between Eddy and Venom in the first film and general audience really well received the film. I also liked it even if i know what the true venom is, The Film was fun.

Yeah, Venom is not scary like he's suppose to be but think about the film as its own thing, an independent film from the comics, i mean there wasn't even Spider-Man in the first film to begin with... How loyal a Venom adaptation to be to the comics when there isn't even a Spider-Man in The First Film... If there was a Spider-Man and Venom wasn't terorising Spider-Man than it's a deffirent case but no Spider-Man so they can go whatever direction they want with The Films as far as i'm conserned.
I agree here…without Spider-Man this will never be a true Venom movie. I take it for what it is.
and honestly who knows at this point ,what if this just becomes an Alternate Universe Venom? I mean Marvel is opening up the fact that even The What if? Series will be Canon…so could this be a way for Venom to cross over? He’s just a Different Venom and not the one we know and love. Maybe he crosses over Meets Spider-Man leaves a piece of symbiote behind that then bonds to Spidey and it all starts over. We can only hope.

And Yes Carnage looks awesome!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #19
SONICobra
Batman

saw the final fight between venom and carnage posted on youtube last night so figured i would watch it for the hell of it as i have no intention on ever watching this movie and yeah... it was really bad. i dont know how anyone could sit through an entire movie of this garbage. im really annoyed this is the MCU venom now
Old 12-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Really disliked the first film. May force myself to watch this one for the mid/after credit scene and hope I can sit through it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote