Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-13-2021, 11:15 AM   #71
Legionnaire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Everyone, I received notification today that my pre-orders for Magneto and Iceman are now both ready for payment and shipping. Really looking forward to Magneto. And when I put Iceman next to Cyclops, now that ice on the Cyclops base will make more sense!
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #72
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Everyone, I received notification today that my pre-orders for Magneto and Iceman are now both ready for payment and shipping. Really looking forward to Magneto. And when I put Iceman next to Cyclops, now that ice on the Cyclops base will make more sense!
Congrats although magneto shipped a while back, didn’t know iceman was ready though. That’s good news.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #73
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Yea Magneto has been out, I believe there are pictures a page or 2 back. Iceman is good news tho. Means they are starting to release the individual pieces from Sentinel 3, although that one is not due out till next year I think. I wonder how Iceman will be made. Hopefully he is not made of lesser material to accommodate the "ice" look.

I am a bit disappointed that the next few pieces aren't some of the stand alone proximity pieces that were due out May and June. Emma Frost, Bishop, Jean Grey. All were pushed back.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #74
joelyface
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Yea Magneto has been out, I believe there are pictures a page or 2 back. Iceman is good news tho. Means they are starting to release the individual pieces from Sentinel 3, although that one is not due out till next year I think. I wonder how Iceman will be made. Hopefully he is not made of lesser material to accommodate the "ice" look.

I am a bit disappointed that the next few pieces aren't some of the stand alone proximity pieces that were due out May and June. Emma Frost, Bishop, Jean Grey. All were pushed back.
Iceman is just clear resin. If you wanna check out Iceman you can see pics online here...https://twitter.com/mamegyorai_jp/st...765317120?s=20
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 02:56 AM   #75
dw316
Justice League

Does anyone know the reasoning for why Magneto is at the $270 price? Is it because of the extra head sculpt or something else?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #76
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Does anyone know the reasoning for why Magneto is at the $270 price? Is it because of the extra head sculpt or something else?
I’m not sure even Iron Studious knows the reasoning lol.

Pretty ridiculous and the production head sculpts didn’t even turn out that great. Should have been about $199 or $225 tops.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:47 AM   #77
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I’m not sure even Iron Studious knows the reasoning lol.

Pretty ridiculous and the production head sculpts didn’t even turn out that great. Should have been about $199 or $225 tops.
Yeah, I just saw some photos the other day. The unmasked sculpt has a weird looking open mouth. I wanted to get him because he's my favorite X-men character but I might just wait for the new XM instead since he seems a bit overpriced at $270. I agree that $225 would've been a fairer top price.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #78
Infinite GLORY

So a couple of updates it looks like:

1. Iron Studios sent out an email indicating Iceman was "in stock". When you visit their page it does not show in stock yet. Sideshow also does not show him in stock. But it appears, Iceman is the next X-man to be available.

2. Speaking of "in stock", Sideshow also sent an email indicating the con exclusive Juggernaut is now available to order. That is actually true and available right now! $260 + ship + tax. Although this is high it's still cheaper than the $300 - $400 he was selling for on eBay.

I had been planning to get Sentinel 2, but funds are short right now so I may just order the Juggs, Gambit, and Magneto individual pieces.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #79
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Was curious about how much more this cost me by ordering early from overseas. If I'd waited and bought this from SS I would only have saved $5.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:58 PM   #80
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Was curious about how much more this cost me by ordering early from overseas. If I'd waited and bought this from SS I would only have saved $5.
Dang well that's good then. You paid $285?

I had $115 in RP saved on Sideshow. This was as good as anything to use them on so it will be $180 for me shipped.