Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2021, 11:36 PM   #521
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
I should read her solo series too. So much catching up to do. I know I broke up with DC just after the New 52. They annoyed me. We’re seeing each other again now for some years but we’ve both been so busy we haven’t been able to fully commit again. With Marvel I know it was before AvX but I can’t remember what triggered the breakup to begin with. We’re also “back together” but like with DC we have yet to commit.
Yeah I took a semi break at different times. AvX pissed me off and the Schism was getting played out for me anyway so I stopped buying X-Men for a while. Spider-Man is my favorite character but One More Day pissed me off so I didn’t buy those comics for a while either. Thankfully by coincidence and natural interest in a few single issues, most of the issues I did buy over the next few years are the issues that are more expensive to get now, like the popular JSC covers and a few 1st appearances from that era. I know some comic nerds are beyond faithful to their runs but if I don’t enjoy the story I won’t buy, even if it’s my favorite character.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:57 AM   #522
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah I took a semi break at different times. AvX pissed me off and the Schism was getting played out for me anyway so I stopped buying X-Men for a while. Spider-Man is my favorite character but One More Day pissed me off so I didn’t buy those comics for a while either. Thankfully by coincidence and natural interest in a few single issues, most of the issues I did buy over the next few years are the issues that are more expensive to get now, like the popular JSC covers and a few 1st appearances from that era. I know some comic nerds are beyond faithful to their runs but if I don’t enjoy the story I won’t buy, even if it’s my favorite character.
Same. If I don’t recognize my character I won’t read any further. One More Day was definitely one of those annoyances. I was collecting Spider-Man at the time as well. I remember I also didn’t like the addition of Storm to the Astonishing team and I didn’t like her characterization. The X-treme X-Men already had a good Schism storyline prior to the last one. In it, Storm had a good fight with Emma and then they made up. They weren’t best friends but there was an understanding and there was respect. I may have some JSC covers. You’re inspiring me to check my collection. I’ve moved 3 times since then.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #523
Frayhor
Sinister Six

And up, because she was INSANE in the live !
Really a fantastic statue, beautiful face and hair, the painting on the costume is very well done with the shades and glossy touch.
I love it, Wanda will pair well with her father, the two levitating next to each other. It will make a wonderful display.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #524
AC_808
Hercules

Have to agree. Beautiful as hell during the Booth Tour. Another must for me.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #525
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah... I didn't think I would get this but the booth tour is swaying me.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:27 PM   #526
Peedi
The Secret Six

This does look good. But it’s kinda confused.

She has an Ultron themed base that matches perfectly displayed between the previous Cap and Black Widow PFs.

But her classic costume matches perfectly with the new Cap and Black Widow PFs.

I think the Ultrons were unnecessary here. She looks good on her own.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #527
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Yeah - it's killing me as I think the sculpt on Wanda is amazing, but that nonsense above her head in particular just ruins the whole thing for me.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #528
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
This does look good. But it’s kinda confused.

She has an Ultron themed base that matches perfectly displayed between the previous Cap and Black Widow PFs.

But her classic costume matches perfectly with the new Cap and Black Widow PFs.

Imho, you are overthinking, the answer to all the questions you are asking to yourself about all of the nonsense is : Sideshow

Otherwise seriously, SS is doing that all the time, literally.
The bases and the costumes are more than often not in adequation with the other characters in the line.
Best example is the X-men one with some of them in the snow, others in the danger room, or outside the manor, when it's not a simple random base (Psylocke). And I don't mention Emma who is in her actual X-men look in a Jim Lee era line... Just pure non sense.

So if you can, just do like me, don't care about it and enjoy your collection
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #529
SDguy

I thought she looked really great on the Con floor. I just wish I liked the full pink bodysuit more.... The Ultron parts don't really bother me.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:46 PM   #530
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Talking Maury Povitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
And up, because she was INSANE in the live !
Really a fantastic statue, beautiful face and hair, the painting on the costume is very well done with the shades and glossy touch.
I love it, Wanda will pair well with her father, the two levitating next to each other. It will make a wonderful display.
Thank you for this. This is the only lineage I will acknowledge. Magneto IS the FATHER!
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote