Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #781
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I was able to to get him in my display by fabricating a base. I'm happy with it.

Great display but where's Batman?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:33 AM   #782
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Great display but where's Batman?
An obvious omission huh

IS hasn't done a Batman that I love. I also didn't order the Batman and Robin on the roof.

I do have the Black and White Jim Lee Japan exclusive on order so I'm hoping he displays well with them.

If not I'll still be on the hunt.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #783
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
An obvious omission huh

IS hasn't done a Batman that I love. I also didn't order the Batman and Robin on the roof.

I do have the Black and White Jim Lee Japan exclusive on order so I'm hoping he displays well with them.

If not I'll still be on the hunt.
Sounds good. You should buy what you love so I completely understand if you haven't found that perfect Batman yet. Kotobukiya has a couple decent 1/10 Batman statues too so that could be an option (although I bet you've already ventured down that path ).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #784
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

IS does have a modern take on Batman in the works. Probably won't look right with some of the classic pieces but I think he will look good with Mr. Freeze.

You can see the concept around the 28:45 mark.
https://youtu.be/EJ3vf3fItvA
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #785
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Man, I've got a lot of patience, but this Iron Studios Martian Manhunter is getting to me. It was in stock for at least a week on their site before they charged me for shipping for my fully paid for by payment plan order that I made the day it went up. Then it just sat there saying "shipping soon" for 2 weeks before I emailed them. They told me:

"Our cargo organization is taking longer than expected because the port administration decided to inspect all the containers (including ours) that arrived therefore delays are expected.
We are doing the best we can so the port administration can release our container before to start the shipping process in the most efficient way."

However, I received a shipped notice that very day even though it was supposedly stuck in inspection.

Then I received it this morning.

Just a huge bummer and now I'm going to have to deal with Customer Service to get a replacement.

98% of the time everything has gone just fine with this hobby for me, but that 2% can really suck. (1st world problems, I know)

Well.......got my replacement today.

Arrived like so, which made me suspicious that it was wrapped up differently than the 1st time.

A quick look at a bad glue job with an obvious gap.

And with almost no pressure at all while trying to put it into the base.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I swear they took my original broken one and just tried to glue it back together and send it back to me.

In either case, I think I'm just going to superglue it back together and take my chances.

I'm still waiting for my Mr Freeze to ship from them, but after that I will never order direct from Iron Studios again. Between this and how much I had to contact them just to get my order fulfilled and this notice I received about Mr Freeze:

"Your pre-order is almost ready! Due to high demand and limited availability, we are charging the pre-order in advance so you can secure your product.

Once paid, your pre-order will be sent as soon as we receive our product within the next 3 weeks. Since the pandemic outbreak, we have been experiencing delays in transportation and shipping.

Please, remember that after this 3 week pre-order period, if the item sells out and your order was not completed, the deposit is not refunded as stated in our Pre-Order Policy"

I might get more pieces made by them, but I will not be ordering from them again.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:20 PM   #786
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Well.......got my replacement today.

Arrived like so, which made me suspicious that it was wrapped up differently than the 1st time.

A quick look at a bad glue job with an obvious gap.

And with almost no pressure at all while trying to put it into the base.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I swear they took my original broken one and just tried to glue it back together and send it back to me.

In either case, I think I'm just going to superglue it back together and take my chances.

I'm still waiting for my Mr Freeze to ship from them, but after that I will never order direct from Iron Studios again. Between this and how much I had to contact them just to get my order fulfilled and this notice I received about Mr Freeze:

"Your pre-order is almost ready! Due to high demand and limited availability, we are charging the pre-order in advance so you can secure your product.

Once paid, your pre-order will be sent as soon as we receive our product within the next 3 weeks. Since the pandemic outbreak, we have been experiencing delays in transportation and shipping.

Please, remember that after this 3 week pre-order period, if the item sells out and your order was not completed, the deposit is not refunded as stated in our Pre-Order Policy"

I might get more pieces made by them, but I will not be ordering from them again.
That blows. Even though it's a hassle I'd still send them pics of the replacement just to see what their response would be. If they let you send it back for a full refund then take that and buy MM from another seller.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:03 PM   #787
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
That blows. Even though it's a hassle I'd still send them pics of the replacement just to see what their response would be. If they let you send it back for a full refund then take that and buy MM from another seller.
If the superglue doesn't work I will contact them. I just no longer have confidence in them and don't want to waste more of my time.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:20 PM   #788
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You are not instilling confidence in my sentinel set (#1) I ordered from them. Still waiting on it currently.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #789
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

MisterJ I'm right there with you. I'm just not dealing with their webstore anymore. In fact I'm ready to loose my deposit on alot of items. They literally will not answer any of my e-mails to CS. Will not address any of my issues. And by that I mean simply getting a response. I blame myself. It was my fault dealing with them direct again but now I'm done.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #790
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Wow that Martian Manhunter issue is terrible. And the fact that it keeps breaking and they are being sketchy about it. Again I reiterate that they are quite brilliant in their designs and pieces that they come up with/release, but they need better customer service for sure. It's sub par/terrible. I'm SURE they receive tons of complaints about it all the time, so why wouldn't they address the problem?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote