Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 09-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
Clayburn Moore
Producer
Producer

Spider-Gwen

Okay, Members, the first piece I did for DST that we'll discuss is Spider-Gwen, a more or less 1/6th scale cold cast porcelain piece. I'll do a new thread for each piece so that questions that are posted only relate to that sculpture.

It came about in a different way than is usual at DST. Chuck (Terceira) had asked if I wanted to sculpt a Spider-Gwen and I responded that I'd enjoy that. I was set to do a Spider-Man and I had received some nice thumbnails that Nelson (Ascensio) had sent over. The Spider-Gwen was coming up sooner in the schedule of releases than Spider-Man, so I was going to do SG first. I noted which Spider-Man I had thought would sell the best because that is ultimately the main criteria for a statue business. However, I had seen one that wasn't right for SM, but was perfect for Spider-Gwen, which is here attached.

By the way, I won't always have a lot of phases of these pieces. Marvel is only interested in seeing completed pieces, so I fell out of the habit of shooting my progress every week. But I'll post and write about what I do have. I always have photos of the finals, of course, and to me, they showcase the sculpting more. The incredible painting of my figures Jim Rowell and Paul Moore have done over the years certainly shows them well in full color, but they are such different presentations, it is good to see them in both incarnations.
So here I'll show you the SM thumbnail that Nelson did that I thought would be good for SG, the final concept we submitted to Marvel (that if I remember correctly, Nelson did, too) and an early phase of the figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spider-Gwen Premier Rough.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	133121   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpiderGwen base black marble.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	638.0 KB
ID:	133122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gwen early.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	133123  
Clayburn Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Very nice, thanks for sharing again!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #3
Clayburn Moore
Producer
Producer

Well, thank you for reading and posting. I meant to add thanks to those who wrote back. Everyone was very positive and supportive. I appreciate everyone's interest. I'll post updates at least once a week, maybe twice if I can.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

nice pose and good choice of the thumbnail. seems better fitting for gwen then sm with that pose also for me. This is a nice web shooting pose and the P leg position is ideal for a female charakter. is it planed to have extra heads (masked, unmasked, un-hooded)?

are you open for ideas of the base? is there a limit for dimention or high limit? Maybe there are better ideas then a pillar ;-)

not sure but maybe the head need a little bit rising upside?

Excited to see this statue growing and finger crossing Marvel/Disney will give you a GO when final result is on the table.

Keep going!!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
Clayburn Moore
Producer
Producer

Just to clarify, these are not new pieces I'm currently working on. These are completed pieces I did during my time at DST. This Spider-Gwen was manufactured and sold out some time ago. These are threads that are "The Making of..." threads.
In fact, if I posted works as I sculpted them, it would be in violation of Marvel's licensing agreement with DST.
I'll try to make that clear with each new thread I start on each piece I discuss.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #6
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

ah.okay. my fault... sorry for my poor english.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #7
Peedi
The Secret Six

Very cool
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #8
iceprince_x
Deadman

I love both my Spider-Gwen (The regular unmasked and the Variant with mask) and they fit well with my Bowen X-Men.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #9
Storm56
Frackin!

Thumbs up

very cool, I will not be afraid of the word TALENT
I have no idea how long it took to create this masterpiece? do it further, you are very good at it !!!
I also want to be a creative person like you
Storm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #10
iceprince_x
Deadman

Sir Moore will you have a 1:5 scale or 1:4 scale or 1:3 scale statue project? I love your 1:1 scale Aspen statue remake... just wish I could afford one ��
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote