Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-15-2021, 05:25 PM   #211
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
What I don’t get is why all these second rate movie characters get statues (I get this is Stans design but the film is garbage) and the masterpiece that is the Thing gets nothing.
It's because his design is so great. If you don't believe me, just ask Konami. The Pizza Monsters from TMNT Turtles in Time, are literally copies of Pumpkinheads running around. Hahaha... It's all about his creepy evil look. He's the defention of pure evil in a form.

I agree the Thing was a better movie, but the statues from the franchise would be maybe a little too gruesome for most collectors, to make it worth their while to produce & profit from. Just my guess.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:43 PM   #212
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
What I don’t get is why all these second rate movie characters get statues (I get this is Stans design but the film is garbage) and the masterpiece that is the Thing gets nothing.
Its because there is a big fan base for 80's monster and creature movies. Look how popular the NoES, Friday the 13th and Halloween franchises are. And between the three of them, there are probably 6 or 7 movies that would be considered good films, while there are 30 or so films. The 80's was just a boom for creature features, slashers, zombies and all around Hollywood magic horror. I'm not getting the pumpkin head because the movie was A+. I appreciate it for what it is, and the statue will serve as a portal to a time where those movies were made and adored even for their flaws.

As for the Thing, I agree its a vastly superior film. I suppose the only reason it doesnt get love from the companies is there's no definitive moment or creature to really create or tie down. That movie is loads of fun and has everything the 80's called for when it came to makeup and special effects. But since the monster was never really a recurring standard, and it was always evolving or a part of someone else, there's no one monster to make like there is a Pumpkinhead.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:29 PM   #213
SDguy

He looked pretty good on the SS Con Livestream. Too bad the house lights were so bright.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:09 AM   #214
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
He looked pretty good on the SS Con Livestream. Too bad the house lights were so bright.
I just watched it and yes the proto looks good, however I don't know why they had to make his upper torso and Lower half separate pieces? When she spun him around, you can see the seam above his back hips. Should of been all one piece.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #215
thebove
Fantastic Four

I noticed that too, weird. I thought it looked awesome excited to get this.

Ant stated on the Facebook group that they are reworking the base after comic con online
thebove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #216
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I want this but I'm still on the fence.... Don't need the Ex but the prices are the same...
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:55 AM   #217
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I just watched it and yes the proto looks good, however I don't know why they had to make his upper torso and Lower half separate pieces? When she spun him around, you can see the seam above his back hips. Should of been all one piece.
I saw it immediately. I assume it's because it's the proto?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #218
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The gaps on the head/neck, tail and the torso are very visible... Wonder if they will fix that. It was a turn off for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	725.9 KB
ID:	141513   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	804.7 KB
ID:	141514  

Last edited by bearmdel; 07-24-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 07-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #219
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I would also love for PCS to offer a stand for the extra head like it is done for Predator.... I rather have it display with the piece than leave it inside the box
Old 07-24-2021, 09:51 PM   #220
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebove View Post
I noticed that too, weird. I thought it looked awesome excited to get this.

Ant stated on the Facebook group that they are reworking the base after comic con online
That's really good news! I stated on here that I was not digging it at all. It looks too cartoonish. (the base) As far as the seams on it go, the head isn't too bad and obviously has to have one, but the back hips is an unnecessary eyesore. If they can fuse the body together and lose that seam, I'll be getting this ugly sucker. Big props to PCS for listening to the fans & reworking the base! (If that's true?)