Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Batman Tom King Run Help !

Ok, i was out of the comics game for like 1.5 years but even that was enough to confuse me about The Tom King Run Trades of Batman on going.

I got 4 Deluxes, The first 3 of them are Rebirth Deluxes and 4th one is where Rebirth ends. After The 4th Deluxe, will there be a 5th Deluxe ? or should i just get City of Bane Part. 1 and 2 Hard Covers ? Are they Deluxes as well ? Is The City of bane the end of Tom King's run ? I think Batman fought against his father or something after that ? Is that another story after City of Bane ? Is there a trade for it ?

Thanks for all the help.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

DK, my Batman brotha. Let me give you some advice on Tom King Batman.......don't bother.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
DK, my Batman brotha. Let me give you some advice on Tom King Batman.......don't bother.
I think this explains why there isn't a 5th Deluxe HC for Tom King's run, 'cause the sales fell dramaticly ??... right ?

But i need to complete my Tom King run bro, no matter what... 'cause i already have most of it, so leaving it half like this would be an actual disservice to myself as a completest.

I am planing on passing on Tynion's run though, since i haven't bought anything from his run yet. Is his run any good ? I'm actually waiting for a Bendis run, if it turns out like his Daredevil run, it will be one hell of treat. (:
Old 04-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Now I liked Tom King‘s Batman run. In fact his run is what brought me back to buying Batman on a regular basis. I do think things went on a little too long and he was building up to the whole beans story line and with his father from a parallel earth but I did really enjoy the relationship that he wrote between Bruce and Selina.

I have enjoyed Tynion’s run on the book so far and he is adding a lot of different elements which is kind of nice to see. I am not reading the Joker however because I just don’t care to so I’m not sure how much of a companion piece that will be but from what I can tell reading any of the solicits it doesn’t appear as though the two titles are dependent on each other.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Now I liked Tom King‘s Batman run. In fact his run is what brought me back to buying Batman on a regular basis. I do think things went on a little too long and he was building up to the whole beans story line and with his father from a parallel earth but I did really enjoy the relationship that he wrote between Bruce and Selina.

I have enjoyed Tynion’s run on the book so far and he is adding a lot of different elements which is kind of nice to see. I am not reading the Joker however because I just don’t care to so I’m not sure how much of a companion piece that will be but from what I can tell reading any of the solicits it doesn’t appear as though the two titles are dependent on each other.
Batman&Catwoman releation ship is the selling factor for me when it comes to Tom King's run, 'cause i love them together.

Are you saying, there is on going '' The Joker '' title or is it just a mini ?
Old 04-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It is an ongoing
It is only on issue 2
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:00 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It is an ongoing
It is only on issue 2
I don't like the idea of a Joker on going 'cause of how the comics is. If they give a book to a villain, they will turn him in to an anti hero, immidiatly 'cause a villain as a main character is a bad example for kids... I know, that's extremly lame.. i don't want an anti hero Joker.... BOOO DC BOOO

But you can't stop dc you know, They are a greedy company, they will do anything, use any idea. There is nothing sacret, no line, there is only the money...
Old 04-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #8
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't like the idea of a Joker on going 'cause of how the comics is. If they give a book to a villain, they will turn him in to an anti hero, immidiatly 'cause a villain as a main character is a bad example for kids... I know, that's extremly lame.. i don't want an anti hero Joker.... BOOO DC BOOO

But you can't stop dc you know, They are a greedy company, they will do anything, use any idea. There is nothing sacret, no line, there is only the money...
Its more of a Gordon book tbh. He’s hired by a mysterious party to hunt and kill Joker. Only two issues in but has been pretty good so far.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
Its more of a Gordon book tbh. He’s hired by a mysterious party to hunt and kill Joker. Only two issues in but has been pretty good so far.
People hire Gordon for jobs ? Isn't he The Commissioner of GCPD ? i don't know The Current continuity very well... I dropped at Snyder run with The End Game arc... I didn't like it, and on top of that i had Bunny Armor Gordon to look forward to so it resulted in definet drop of The Book... and now i'm back... i got more than half of Tom King's run. So this James Gordon is a freelancer stuff is new to me ? Did he retire or something ? He's a private detective now ?

More of a Gordon Book sounds good. I hope they keep it that way or it will just be about people who chase Joker... A Chasing Joker book... Chasing Joker...
Old 04-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #10
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
People hire Gordon for jobs ? Isn't he The Commissioner of GCPD ? i don't know The Current continuity very well... I dropped at Snyder run with The End Game arc... I didn't like it, and on top of that i had Bunny Armor Gordon to look forward to so it resulted in definet drop of The Book... and now i'm back... i got more than half of Tom King's run. So this James Gordon is a freelancer stuff is new to me ? Did he retire or something ? He's a private detective now ?

More of a Gordon Book sounds good. I hope they keep it that way or it will just be about people who chase Joker... A Chasing Joker book... Chasing Joker...
He's retired. He's hired by said mysterious party due to his past ties to Joker.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote