Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-29-2021, 05:52 AM   #21
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
What next?
I doubt the 'Dark Side' fits with Disney's image.
How about the 'Other Side'
Or the alternative viewpoint of the Force.

Yoda - "If once you start down the alternative path, forever will it dominate your destiny".

Palpatine - "The alternative side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"

Actually, I think that alternative side may actually sound worse...
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:30 AM   #22
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Who gives a ----? No one that's a fan of the franchise is going to call it anything other than Slave I.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
Mister H
Gen 13

Slave Leia will be next.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #24
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Slave Leia will be next.
they canceled her a couple years ago because one weenie of a father wrote them a tweet about not knowing how to explain the figure to his daughter, to which Carrie Fisher replied tell her "a mean slug made her wear a bikini so she killed him". they have since walked it back because they of course have no principals like most of their ilk and have since reissued her as "Hutt slayer Leia"
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Did anyone ask for this?

Slaves are part of Star Wars, Darth Vader was a slave. I feel like we put every fictional story through a US Current Year lens.

"Stormtroopers" has some pretty dark ties if one wants to make that connection to our world.
But here in lies the issue, Disney only cares about the heinous acts that tie to American culture. They don't care one bit that the Empire looks/acts like Nazi Germany. Stormtroopers and the organized regime cleansing the world of what they deem scum is fine - because it is not rooted in American history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Those people are primarybaters.
Ooooo I will be using this! Thanks #3
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:17 PM   #26
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:26 AM   #27
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The change would make sense if Fett was a good guy but he isn’t. Good guys don’t pilot slave ships. This tells me they plan to rewrite his story.

The Star Wars Mythos is all about the spectrum of good vs evil. The emperor at one extreme versus Yoda at the other. Han is a morally grey character who found his way to good. Leia is a pragmatic good character who fell in love with a smuggler. Luke and Vader battle their internal conflict.

Fett is just the representation of a character devoid of morality. This is what makes the character an attractive one. To be honest, I don’t even care for the idea that Fett is a character of integrity like we have seen in Mando. This is why I’m on the edge of my seat for the Book of Fett series...is it going to be some kind of BS story where Fett rights his past wrongs or is he just going to go full badass? If it turns out to be a good guy redemption story I’ll be pissed.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #28
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
This is why I’m on the edge of my seat for the Book of Fett series...is it going to be some kind of BS story where Fett rights his past wrongs or is he just going to go full badass? If it turns out to be a good guy redemption story I’ll be pissed.
The last episode of The Mandalorian ended with Fett wasting a bunch of people and coldly murdering someone who was sitting in his chair. He’s taken control of a group of outlaws. Filoni and Favreau are in charge of this not Kennedy. It’s rumored that Bossk will make an appearance along with Hammerhead, Mando and Luke and it will build up to a giant fight with tons of Mandalorians. Just rumors but it sounds cool to me.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #29
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

It'll always be Slave 1 to fans.
On a side note as a creator, if these knuckleheads are going to tear down beloved intellectual properties of old, it just paves the way for people like myself to provide new avenues of entertainment for those seeking a reprieve from the senseless current corruption of the previously established culture.
So come on home fans of comics and other such similar diversions...I'll leave a light on for you.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #30
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As I said in the Masters of the Universe topic "Woke And sjw garbage !!!"
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote